*Chapter Seventy-Two

EDITED

Louis - 21 weeks pregnant

Niall - 18 weeks pregnant

copyright

Louis spent the past couple of days in the apartment which Niall had recommended to him and which Harry was paying for.

The truth was, he wasn't happy. He thought that a little break would be good and would make Harry realise what he was missing out on, but Louis, at the moment, felt completely the opposite.

He was currently curled up on his bed, swallowed underneath the duvet, Harry's clothes - which the Alpha had taken with him on the business trips - keeping the Omega company. There were fresh tear tracks on his cheeks.

He was debating if he should just go home. He couldn't take this isolation anymore, even though he did speak to Harry and Niall a couple of hours every night on the phone.

However, his internal debate between his heart and his head was harshly stopped when the front door of the apartment was opened and closed.

Louis stopped breathing and stilled. He listened intently to the heavy footsteps as they came into the bedroom.

"Louis?"

Louis was immediately out of the bed and in the arms of the Alpha. He crawled up the tall man, clinging to him with his fists in Harry's shirt and thighs gripping tightly onto his hips. Harry's arms cuddled Louis, whilst the Alpha kissed any part he could reach.

"I'm s-sorry," Louis sobbed.

Harry rocked him gently, going to sit on the bed and cradling Louis in his lap. "No, little Omega, I'm sorry for everything," he shushed him.

"Can we go home?" Louis whispered, voice muffled because his mouth was buried in Harry's shirt.

"Of course, my sweet little Omega. You're never leaving my side again, yeah? I couldn't stay away from you anymore." He moved to put Louis onto the bed, but the Omega squealed and shook his head, clinging onto him with all his might. Harry shushed him and said in a calming tone, "It's okay, I'm going to pack all your things, yeah?"

Louis breathed in shakily and nodded.

Harry smiled and ran his hand through Louis' brunette fringe as the Omega crawled off his lap and slid underneath the duvet again.

Harry got up and grabbed everything that Louis had brought with him, which wasn't especially hard because it was only clothes and they were already spread around the bedroom floor.

Louis watched from the bed, duvet pulled up to his chin, gnawing on his lip.

Harry reached underneath the duvet when he was finished with the floor, grabbing the clothes piled there, but he made sure to hand Louis over a jumper to comfort him, tears still streaming down his face.

When Harry was finished, he slung the strap of the duffel bag over his shoulder and walked up to the bed, pulling the duvet away from Louis and lifting the small Omega into his arms, Louis still clinging onto the jumper that smelled of his Alpha.

"Let's go home, little Omega," he whispered.

Louis nodded, falling asleep in Harry's arms with his face snuggled in his Alpha's neck.

***

That night Louis tipped over his memory box and explained everything to Harry, taking special pride in showing him the sonograms which he missed.