Chapter Fifty

EDITED

Louis - 8 weeks pregnant

Niall - 5 weeks pregnant

copyright to me

"So, when's your ultrasound?" Niall whispered to Louis at lunchtime the following week: he didn't want anyone else except their small group of friends to hear about the pregnancy.

Louis lifted his hand and tapped the five on his watch.

"So, after school?" he whispered. His own hand instinctively went down to curve around his own small baby bump, practically non-existent.

Louis smiled and nodded, he really couldn't wait.

"Louis, why are you not eating anything?"

Louis turned to look at the concerned face of his Mate, scrunching up his nose at his lunch.

"Well, what would you like to eat?" Harry asked. He was thoroughly confused because he had brought a banana and a small pot of peanut butter for him to eat because that's what he wanted this morning.

Louis looked over at Zayn's burger, which he had in his hands and was just about to take a bite off. Harry saw his glance and quickly grabbed the burger, putting it into his Omega's hands instead. Louis smiled in glee, but instead of eating it right out like his Mate, friends and the whining, pouting Beta thought, he set it down on the table, pulled off the top bun and peeled away the pickles. He grabbed a napkin from Niall and Liam's tray, set the pickles on them, then handed the burger back to Zayn.

Harry watched on in horror as he nibbled delicately at the pickles. "I thought you hated pickles," he whispered.

He shrugged and continued his meal, one hand rubbing against his stomach, his little baby happy inside him.

***

At five o'clock, Harry led Louis down to the doctor's office, away from their homework.

He squeezed and rubbed his thumb against Louis' hand as the smaller boy was instructed to sit on the padded table again, Harry sitting down on the plastic chair beside the bed.

"I have a surprise for you today," Robert teased, indicating for Harry to lift up Louis' shirt and smearing the slimy stuff on again.

Louis looked up at the doctor then at Harry inquisitively.

"What?" Harry asked, when the doctor didn't continue.

"You'll see," Robert whispered, turning on the machine and picking up the wand, placing it on Louis' small bump and moving it around.

"Everything seems normal," he mused, taking the measurements and everything else from the inside of his stomach, then clicked a button and the printer whirred to life.

Louis smiled, knowing that he was getting another sonogram.

The doctor set down the wand as he went to get it, then handed it to Louis who had his hands already held out excitedly.

"Now, the surprise," he whispered with a gleam in his eyes.

He picked up the wand again, set it on Louis' stomach and found the small bundle of cells, then clicked another button on the machine.

Louis' strong, steady heartbeat was heard...and other watery, fast ones as well.

"Oh my God," Harry whispered.

"There are the heartbeats," the doctor whispered.

Louis poked the Robert's arm to gain his attention, holding up two fingers.

The doctor shook his head. "Triplets!" he cried out excitedly.

Louis mouth dropped open, a small smile spreading across his face. Harry could literally feel him buzzing.

"Triplets," Harry whispered, then shouted, "We're having triplets!" He pushed Robert away and wrapped his arms around Louis, pulling his Mate close.

"I love you so much," he whispered, kissing his hair and face, whatever he could reach. "You're having my babies, three little babies."

Louis couldn't lose the smile on his face, the sonogram held firmly in his hand as he snuggled into Harry, neither caring about the slimy stuff getting all over Harry's shirt.

100 reads to update! VOTE, COMMENT, FRIENDS!