Chapter Eighty-Six

EDITED

Louis - 25 weeks pregnant

Niall - 22 weeks pregnant

copyright

Harry leant back against the kitchen counter, arms and ankles crossed, watching silently as Louis washed up from dinner.

"Louis?" he called softly.

Louis hummed contently in response, belly brushing against the counter of the sink as he washed the dishes.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, anything, sweetheart, you know that."

"What have you been having nightmares about?"

Louis dropped the dishes into the sink in shock and lifted his head to look out of the cliche window above the sink. "I don't know what you mean," he whispered.

"You don't remember a couple of weeks ago, when you had that nightmare - "

"I remember, Harry," Louis snapped.

"What was it about?"

"It's nothing."

"Just tell me, Louis."

"You don't control me - "

"If something is bothering you, I need to know!"

"But, it's - "

"It's obviously not nothing if it's constantly coming up, now is it?"

"I'm fine!" Louis screamed, turning to his Alpha.

"Obviously not! What the fuck is bothering you?" Harry roared. He had not expected such a simple conversation to get so heated, he was trying to be a good Alpha to his Mate and help him with whatever problem he had.

"You're the one that is bothering me!" Louis screamed, eyes wide and the veins on his neck bulging, fingers digging into his belly.

"What have I done now?" Harry shouted, hands balling into fists at his sides. "It's been me constantly doing something wrong! God forbid I hang the new curtains - which were bought with my Goddamn money - not evenly spread out!"

"That doesn't even make sense!" Louis raised his hands in exasperation then lowered them back to his sides, water flying around because he hadn't washed off his hands, some soap suds landing on his shirt.

"Well now you know what I've been feeling like the past how many weeks! You're not making any fucking sense! All this shit and pressuring me into doing things that we don't need to worry about yet! Furniture, baby names, fucking clothes!"

"I'm scared you're going to fucking leave me!" Louis screamed at the top of his voice.

Now that stopped Harry in his tracks. "W-what?" He had never heard Louis swear before, never mind that he thought that they had gotten over that point.

"If you spend all the money and pick out baby names and see all the clothes, you maybe won't leave," Louis whispered timidly.

"I'm not leaving, Louis."

"But, you did, okay?"

Harry squeezed his eyes closed.

"You left me. What if you leave me again, leaving me alone to raise three pups? Or what if you take the pups with you?"

"I'm not leaving."

"Well, how am I supposed to know that you won't get up one day and just leave again, huh, without a single word?"

"Because I love you," Harry whispered, walking over to his little Omega. He raised his hands and threaded his fingers through Louis' hair, pulling his head closer to his own. "I fucking love my little Omega," he growled, slamming his lips against Louis'.

Louis was frozen in shock, but when his senses came back to him, he moaned into the kiss and started to move his lips in sync. His soapy and wet hands moved up to Harry's waist, latching onto his belt loops and tugging them determinedly.

"Never leave me again. Love you too much," Louis growled, with a territorial nip at Harry's bottom lip.

"I don't think I could escape," Harry muttered against Louis' lips with a smirk, before diving into the heated lip-lock once again.

VOTE, COMMENT, FRIENDS!