Chapter Twenty-Eight

EDITED

copyright to me

It was three uneventful weeks later when Harry wasn't at lunch.

Louis sat down with Niall, immediately looking at Zayn for an answer to the empty seat beside the Beta.

Zayn just shook his head and averted his eyes, kicking Niall under the table when he went to verbally ask him. When Liam arrived, he slid the tray to Niall so he could take his fill, then moved on to Zayn.

"Where's Harry?" he asked nonchalantly.

Louis looked up at Zayn with a smirk: he had to answer an Alpha's question.

"He went home," Zayn said slowly, suddenly entranced with the lasagne on his plate.

Louis jerked and sat up straighter, reaching forward and repeatedly tapping Zayn's plate with a fingertip.

When Zayn continued to ignore him, he got out a pen and instead hit the plate with it.

He was persistent to say the least.

"I don't think I should tell you, Louis," he mumbled, twirling his fork in his food.

"Answer Louis," Liam said, still sounding unconcerned, but Niall could tell that he wanted Zayn to just tell them, Liam's hand tightening on Niall's knee a little.

Zayn sighed and hesitated but finally spat it out, eyes downcast. "He went into Rut."

Liam groaned and Niall gasped, clinging tightly to Liam's side - Harry's Rut had came early, no one was prepared for this.

They all turned to look at Louis.

He was sat with his mouth slightly agape, hand resting on top of the tray, pen gone slack in his hand. He was surprised but he wasn't shocked because he knew that this day had to come sometime.

Harry is in Rut? He needs his Omega, he thought.

They had talked about their future, but the conversation had always been cut off by a kissing session. But, Harry obviously wanted it and Louis wanted it, too. He gave his consent.

He pushed back his chair and stood, but Niall caught onto his wrist, holding him back.

"Louis, you are going to stay in school," he ordered.

Louis nodded, but pulled out the note he had in his back pocket which asked to go to the bathroom.

At the site of the card, Niall laughed and pulled him back into his seat. "I'm not falling for that card," he said, then turned to Liam and laughed loudly. "You get it?"

Liam laughed fondly at his stupid Mate. "Yes, sweetheart, I get it."

***

Louis, Niall and Liam had been in class for twenty minutes now, and Louis decided it was the right time to use that card again.

He got out of his seat quickly, so Niall wouldn't have time to react and pull him back down, and walked swiftly up to the teacher's desk, feigning a pleading look on his face.

He pulled out the card from his pocket and showed it to the lecturer. He had been in school long enough to know that the female Alpha doesn't let more than one student go to the bathroom at the same time.

She sighed but nodded, looking over at Niall confusedly when he emitted a whimpered "no".

Louis nodded his head with a smile, trying to look like she had really down him a favour, which wasn't exactly a lie.

He walked out of the room, not looking at Liam and Niall. As soon as the door was closed behind him, he took off in a sprint to the school exit.

65 reads to update! COMMENT, VOTE, FRIENDS!