Chapter Two

EDITED

I am so happy and grateful for everyone that has read this and who have voted. It really means a lot to me. I really like this story, and it really makes me feel so happy when someone else is enjoying it as much as I am.

copyright to me

There was someone sitting in front of the Principal's desk.

Even though Niall was a confident young man, he was terrified of new people that he didn't know. He was an Omega after all, who many people believed they could easily take advantage of.

The University Principal, Dr. Roland, noticed Niall's weariness. He waved his hand for him to approach, smiling softly.

Niall walked over slowly, keeping an eye on the person in the chair, who had their back to him and shoulders slumped, head hanging low.

It seemed like Dr. Roland was getting slightly displeased with this behaviour from Niall and said, "Niall, smell him."

The person in the chair stiffened and whimpered, but Niall quickened his step to reach the stranger, wanting to please the Principal. He sat down in the couple chair and turned his head to the stranger who had short, fluffy brown hair, eyes closed, and sniffed the air.

Niall's eyes opened and widened at the smell of submission, shyness and fear.

He was an Omega.

Niall noticed that the other Omega had his eyes closed and was breathing in and out deeply from his mouth.

Niall's animal instincts took over and his eyebrows scrunched at this other Omega. This stranger was like him and should feel safe around him, not threatened. He reached over and poked the stranger's arm, which caused him to immediately tense up. Again, Niall was confused at this behaviour, but the Principal interrupted.

"Louis, please look at me," he said softly.

Slowly, the stranger's - Louis' - cerulean blue eyes opened and fixed on the Alpha Principal in fear.

"Niall is an Omega," the Principal explained.

Louis' body instantly relaxed and he looked over at Niall, smiling softly when he saw a boy with light blue eyes and bleached blonde hair, the brown roots growing out. However, his eyebrows furrowed when Niall still looked at him in an animalistic manner.

"Niall!" the Principal called out.

Niall reluctantly looked away from the new Omega and at the Alpha instead.

The Principal smiled at the two boys. "Niall, Louis Tomlinson. Louis, Niall Horan," he introduced. Before the two boys could shake hands as an introduction, Dr. Roland continued. "Now Niall, Louis is new at this school and will need a guide to get around, to figure out where everything is. As you are both Omegas, we thought you two would be good together. You both have the same timetables, so you should get on pretty well. Louis, Niall was recently Mated to an Alpha called Liam, who is very nice and will certainly protect you. Liam is also in all your lectures."

Both boys nodded as the Principal spoke.

"Now, Louis, may I speak to Niall by himself, if that's okay?"

Louis nodded and stood, leaving the room with a smile to both Niall and the Principal.

"Niall, are you okay with this?"

"Yeah, of course. It's nice to know another Omega."

"Yes, I know what you mean. But, there is something else you need to know."

"Like what?"

"Louis is selectively mute. It's not that he can't speak, it's just that the other schools he went to taught him to be quiet and submissive. Whereas, we like Omegas to be confident and happy, as you already know."

The little dig at him made Niall snort in laughter.

"Gradually, Louis learnt to respond in one word, then just decided to listen to everyone else. As you know, being an Omega leaves you vulnerable, but this makes him even more of a target."

Niall nodded along. "May I ask, sir, why he came here?"

"I'm sure you will find out in your own time, Niall, or maybe Louis will tell you? I don't really know."

Niall huffed at that.

"Niall, please don't try to influence him in a bad way."

He scoffed. "Basically, you have no trust in me."

"I'm trusting you with Louis here. I just don't want him to become a rebel, like yourself."

"Sir, all due respect, but Liam has toned me down a bit, remember?"

"Don't worry, Mr. Horan, it's three weeks into the term and this is my first time seeing you in my office. Liam deserves a medal."

Niall's eyes faded off into the distance. "Yeah, Liam is one of a kind," he said fondly.

"Okay, Mr. Horan, you have to get back to class."

He nodded and stood.

"Please be nice to Mr. Tomlinson, Niall."

"I will," he singsonged as he left the room, closing the door behind him.

Okay, so for the next update what about 20 reads and two votes? Remember to comment, because I love reading comments! Tell your friends!