Chapter Forty-Four

EDITED

Louis - 6 weeks pregnant

copyright to me

"We don't think it is the best situation to be living here any more, after what happened today," David's mother explained to Harry's parents later that day. "We knew that David would have to move soon, but we didn't expect this to come so soon."

Louis watched from the top of the first floor stairs. David's parents had suitcases piled around their feet. They had just came home from seeing David at the hospital. Louis hadn't been allowed to go, but Zayn went in the ambulance because he was a Beta, while Harry was taken into the Principal's office and Liam took the two stressed Omega's home to the Pack House.

Harry, when he had gotten home, thought Louis was asleep in bed, when really he just had his eyes closed. Harry had quickly fallen asleep curled around him.

When Louis heard David's parents arriving home, he snuck out of the bed and listened intently as they went up to their rooms, packed all their things and then went down to the first floor to tell Harry's parents that they were leaving. That was how Louis found himself plopped down on the top step.

"We didn't want this to happen, but it had come to this," Anne whispered.

"We wouldn't be going if your son, the future Alpha of the Pack, hadn't hospitalised my son," David's father spat.

"Harry wouldn't have hospitalised your son if David had respected the bonding Mark and stayed clear of his Mate," Harry's father countered.

"What, with an Omega? He will get bored quickly," David's father laugh.

Louis held back a whimper.

Anne raised to her full height and her voice turned into a shout. Being an Omega herself, she was highly insulted. "In this House, you do not disrespect Omega's. It is a good thing you are leaving, Harry's future wife would have kicked you out soon enough. Louis is your Luna. Get off my property," she spat venomously.

With a sneer, David's parents turned, gathered their things and left.

"Louis, you can come down now," Anne called softly after a breather moment.

Louis jumped, not expecting her to actually know that he was there.

He stood and slowly walked down the stairs. He watched the two leaders of the Pack warily, but when Anne opened her arms for him, he collapsed into them.

"No one is going to annoy you, okay?" she whispered.

Louis nodded and snuggled into her motherly warmth, which he never had.

"You have to keep that little baby safe, yeah?" Robin whispered.

Louis sniffed and nodded, realising that he had one hand unconsciously curved around his stomach.

The front door opened and the trio turned to look at Zayn.

"The parents showed up, so I left," he explained, closing the door behind him.

Anne patted Louis' back and stepped away. "We'll leave you two alone," she muttered, grabbing her husband's hand and pulling him off to the stairs.

Louis walked over to Zayn.

There was obviously a contrast between the two and a stranger would automatically think that they would never get on. Zayn dressed in leather and black, hands stuffed in his jacket pockets and hip popped out so that he stood relaxed. Whilst Louis was dressed in soft pastel colours, in a comfy jumper and lounge trousers, fluffy socks covering his feet, both hands resting over his stomach unconsciously and standing straight.

"He's alive," Zayn whispered, knowing that Louis wanted to know about the well-being of David.

Louis lifted a hand to make a 'go-on' gesture, then rested it back on his stomach.

"Broken nose, couple of broken ribs, broken wrist," he smirked, "nothing too extreme that he can't heal from."

Louis nodded and gave Zayn a smile, a silent thank you. Then he turned and walked back to the stairs.

100 reads to update! VOTE, COMMENT, FRIENDS!