Chapter 49 - Enter the Fury

~*~*~*~Kayos~*~*~*~

Kayos was looking back at the demons that he'd managed to convince not to side with Typhon and Skorge. It was only eight, but those eight were the some of the most powerful demons that this generation had produced. It was quite the list as well, he'd managed to acquire the entire demon council to his side with the exception of Typhon of course. How Quinn managed to pull that off was just unbelievable, add in too the majority of Skorge's officers and Kayos had his own little army. Honestly he wasn't entirely sure just how they've gotten this far without a fight breaking out between them given the recent history between these demons.

And yet despite the amount of powerful demons here, he couldn't help but feel that it just would't be enough. Legion had gone through Leon easily enough and even though Kayos was at less than half his full strength he'd been absolutely no match for the monster. Legion was supposed to have been a the stuff of nightmares, the kind of monster that haunted the stories of the Noir and battled the Gods of Old and the Gods of Strength. Yet all those monsters that the old Gods battled with were always defeated by just one demon--two in rare instances--but Legion was going to take all of them and even then Kayos wasn't sure if that was going to be enough.

If the story about the Beast of the End was true and that he'd slain over a dozen S-class demons then their odds didn't bode well. There were only four S-classes left in the world and Kayos was sure that all four of them waned nothing to do with him for various reasons.  He let out a sigh before he leaned back against his seat to try and make some kind of plan to compensate for their lack of power, which in and of itself sounded completely idiotic. He had eight battle tested A-class demons, but if the battle with Skorge proved anything to him it was that a single S-class counted for at least four A-classes. Just thinking that sounded unbelievable to him but it was true, he along with the pairing of Roy and Carny couldn't bring down Skorge when he was still in his human form and when he transformed the gap between their powers widened even further.

"How true." Quinn's voice said moving over to sit beside him. Kayos gave the other demon a look that didn't invite any comments but Quinn made them anyway. "You're right, even with all eight of the demons we have on here right now we don't actually know how they stack up to a transformed S-class. You're right to worry Kayos, but you can't just give up because of that. Or need I remind you of how you Chain-folk stood with us during our little skirmish?"

Quinn's lip curled up just enough to be noticeable before he went on. "Against us you Chain-folk really didn't measure up, and yet at the end of the day you somehow wound up on coming out on top. Think of it, we had more fighting level demons than you did, and for the matchups you made the only one that won his fight without help was Carny and your boy. Carny, was your ace in the hole because believe it or he's physically stronger than Skorge."

"If that were true how was it that Skorge did away with him so quickly?" Kayos asked glumly.

"Strength and Power are not the same." Replied Quinn with a bit of a shrug. "Skorge is one of the most powerful demon's I've ever seen. But that's all it is, Power. Power does not equal strength, your boy Leon over there-" Quinn said with a nod to where Leon lay under the watchful eyes of Ramon. "He's probably the most complete demon I've ever seen. He has power enough to completely overwhelm Skorge and the physical strength to back it up."

"What's your point in this Quinn?" Kayos asked sharply.

"My point is that we're not done recruiting." Kayos looked down at his hands, an image of Royce flashing into him mind for a moment before Quinn went on. "Again, physically he's a match for anyone on this plane with the exception of your boy, and my master. However, as far as power goes he's outclassed by far when it comes to everyone else here. As are you I'm afraid. Physically you're nothing to scoff at, but you're lower A-class at best as is your other son. However, physical force has its uses as Carny, your son, and yourself as well have proven. But they're not the only ones that I'd prefer to have standing with us against this Legion."