Chapter 32 - Kane VS Kayos

1 Day

~*~*~*~Kayos~*~*~*~

The sound that the punch made sounded like a bomb had gone off right next to Kayos' ear, unfortunately that's exactly how it felt too. Kane's muscular body wasn't just for show, there was true power behind those punches of his. Shaking his head clear of the cobwebs that had formed Kayos dropped to the ground and sweeping Kane's legs out from under him. The big demon though caught himself with his arm and brought his leg back around catching Kayos right in the side of the head.

The blow made Kayos fly to the side bouncing off of the ground and heading right toward the rest of Skorge's men. They all scattered as with the one they called Gall grabbed the traitor Bjorn and vanishing from Kayos' sight. Turning his body around as best as he could Kayos dug his fingers as deeply into the soft ground as he could trying to slow himself down. He managed to stop after about twenty yards but Kane wasn't about to let up on him. The big demon was already right on top of Kayos who threw himself backwards, causing them both to tumble for several more feet with Kayos winding up on top.

Kayos grabbed the Kane by the head and threw a punch that would've taken the head off of a normal opponent but Kane barely seemed fazed by it. Instead he shot straight up and caught Kayos on the bridge of the nose with a headbutt. Kayos lurched back only to have Kane's hand nearly envelope his entire face and before he knew it the two of them were flying through the air. Kayos ripped Kane's hand away and was able to catch sight of several lightning strikes and explosions off in the distance and Typhon and Skorge were still settling their fight. Good, I still have time to try and thin out Skorge's men, he thought as he and Kane began spinning through the air. Kayos tried to hold on but the bigger demon was just too strong and he was sent hurling to the ground too fast for him to recover.

There was the sound of cracking rock and a surge of pain shot through Kayos' back upon impact. He was trying to get himself out when Kane came crashing down on him fist first and drove it right into Kayos' face sending him even further into the ground. Kane's fist opened and lifted Kayos out of the ground holding him up above the ground like he was some limp doll. His eyes flew open and he brought his leg up aiming for Kane's head only to have it blocked by the other demon's massive arm. He grabbed Kayos' leg and turned on his heel before launching him further into the woods where he crashed through tree after tree until finally coming to a stop who knows how far away.

Kayos picked himself up shaking his head clear of the cobwebs once again and let out a huff before Kane came crashing through the woods again. He's like a damn machine Kayos thought as he ducked a punch only to be caught with a knee that sent him flying again. Kayos was scoring good hits but they didn't seem to be even effecting Kane in the slightest while all of Kane's blows were sending Kayos flying through the trees. Was there really this much of a difference between them? And if there was, what did that say about Skorge who was being revered by Kane as a god?

No time t think about it Kayos told himself dragging his fingers through the dirt again bringing himself to a stop. Kane was back on him in an instant but this time Kayos threw himself straight up trying to catching the big man with a knee aimed for his jaw. Kane though saw it coming and threw his upper body backward grabbing Kayos by the shoulders as he did and catching him with a kick to the back that sent him straight up in the air. He flew past the tree tops and caught sight of the battle raging between Skorge and Typhon again before Kane reappeared and brought both arms down like a hammer.

The blow missed, by sheer dumb luck Kayos rolled one time to many for Kane to hit and he took full advantage of it. Kayos latched onto Kane's shoulder and threw a hard forearm into the back of the big man's head. Kane was visibly shaken by that hit but he recovered rather quickly, spinning around and trying to land a hard another blow but Kayos was ready this time. He avoided it and grabbed the big demon's arm before twisting around as violently as he could snapping something in the other demon's arm before he was sent sailing through the air. There was a tidal wave of dust that signaled Kane had landed followed quickly by several trees going down before Kayos vanished below the tree line himself.