Chapter 51 - Savage

~*~*~*~Kayos~*~*~*~

"Um- Kayos, can you come up here please?" Luke's voice asked through the speakers in the back of the jet.

Kayos let out a sigh and put down his map of South America, together he, Quinn, and Arianna had been trying to come up with a good place to intercept Legion. Based on the reports they had on the Savage demon, he'd managed to fight through the Brazilian army and had caused the country officials to actually evacuate all of their northern cities. The President of Brazil had issued a state of emergency even going to the lengths of employing the use of the newest Anti-Demon weapons against Legion. So far nothing had worked and aside from nuking Legion's current position there really was nothing left for the humans to try.

They'd reached out to the UN, but that was as far as the news teams had gotten. As it stood it seemed South America would just have to try and get through being Legion's personal hunting ground. On top of that, Kayos didn't have much of a clue just how far Faye Williams plans to attack the Chain had gotten with the UN so they were really pressed for time to deal with Legion who as far as Kayos was concerned was the far bigger threat.

Telling the other's to keep trying to come up with a plan he got up and moved up towards the cockpit where the human that Faye had sent with them, Luke, sat in the pilot's chair. "What is it?"

"I think we might have to put Legion on the back burner right now." Luke said earning him a questioning look from Kayos. "I've had a PET locked onto United States news and it just came over that someone tried to assassinate President Williams."

Kayos eyes went wide as he hurried and shut the door behind him before he sat down beside Luke to ask what else happened. "So far the blame is being put on your son's friend Nick. He was present at the time of the attempt and he's being detained at the moment. No one's seen the President since the explosion, and all the news casts are assuming that she may be in worse condition than they're letting on."

Damn it, Kayos thought to himself clutching his hands as tightly as he could. As horrible a person as Faye was he prayed to whatever gods were listening that she be alive. If she wasn't then that'd be just the thing she needed to push her plan to attack the Chain, regardless of whether or not it was a demon who made the attempt. Kayos let out a sigh and ran his hands over his hair before he spoke. "Is there any other news on Natalia's location?"

They were already heading to Washington DC to pick her and the others up, but that was all they were going to do. If this really was an assassination attempt then the efforts to capture all upper class demons would be made the absolute top priority. And if anything were to happen to Natalia- Kayos glanced at the door and thought of how Leon would react if anything bad should happen to her. Not only that but it'd fuel Typhon's burning desire to eradicate the humans as well. There were too many big players here, Kayos thought to himself as he waited for Luke to answer him. Sooner or later one of these players was going to have to be bumped off the board, it was just the question of which one.

"Sir..." Luke said getting Kayos to look up and what he saw made him jump up to his feet.

Running across the screen were the words, Washington DC police trying to contain rioters and the picture of police engaged with a mob of people appeared. He watched as the battle went on before Luke flipped to another screen, this one though showed something that made his blood turn to ice. It showed what he could only describe as another Adapt android fighting with Carny, the tag line Lawkeeper attempts to subdue raging demon flashing across the bottom.

"How long will it take us to get there?" Kayos demanded.

"30 minutes sir, this jet wasn't exactly built for high speeds."