Chapter 66 - The Heir of Kane

~*~*~*~ Quinn~*~*~*~

Quinn was sent flying through a building by another huge lightning bolt which he'd just managed to block though he had to admit this was getting harder and harder to do. The very real pain in his chest was making it damn near impossible to concentrate on this fight he was having with not only Skorge, but with Zant as well. Quinn was battling them each separately, each in their own minds, a task that was putting a lot of stress on him now that he was in this weakened state. Zant wasn't giving him too much trouble, it was Skorge who was being difficult to restrain.

Normally Quinn's ability completely negated another demon's strength, but seeing as Skorge knew about Quinn's power he knew a bit of the kinks in his armor. On top of that he was being completely relentless in his attacks giving Quinn no time to breathe or form a plan of attack. On the off chance that he was able to find an opening for an attack, Skorge turned it right back around and put Quinn back on the defensive. He was getting beat at his own game now that Skorge knew that none of what was happening during their fight was real.

Speaking of, Skorge reappeared right beside Quinn, lighting streaming from his body as he through a hard punch that caught Quinn right on the jaw. Quinn felt the ungodly shocks as soon as contact was made and was sent careening into the road below. Flipping over to his feet Quinn threw his arms up making an enormous wall of stone appear in front of Skorge who was flying at him with another charged up fist. The wall didn't slow him down even a little bit as Skorge sent a bolt of lightning forward that completely ripped through the wall like it wasn't even there.

Quinn brought his arm up to defend himself, the air between them beginning to warp as a black hole appeared drawing in all of Skorge's lightning. Skorge though darted to the side in an instant, traveling along the ground too fast for Quinn to keep track of before driving his arm right through Quinn's chest. Quinn let out a loud cry as Skorge smiled up at him but now that he was right here he had a real shot and hitting him. Grabbing Skorge's arm, Quinn shocked him with lighting of his own making that made Skorge cry out before he did the same thing.

The two stood their sending tremendous amounts of electricity into each other, just waiting for the other to falter and give the other an opening. Unfortunately Quinn blinked first and Skorge made him pay for it by calling down one of his gigantic lightning bolts from the sky. It hit Quinn like a freight train completely blowing away the ground below them leaving the pair of them floating in a pillar of electricity. Quinn's 'body' was in so much pain now that the edges of his vision were beginning to blur, threatening him with a black out.

With every passing second Quinn came closer to blacking out, his vision was nothing more than a small light in the darkness now when he felt it. A constant presence that he'd felt from the moment of his 'birth' simply vanish. His vision became suddenly clear now and he felt his eyes flash a pale green as the skin on his body fell away to make way for the demon hide that hid beneath. Skorge looked surprised by this as Quinn glared down at the other demon before the two of them were sent flying from the other.

Quinn though managed to stop himself almost instantly as he began searching for that presence in the outside world. He even went as far as to remove his focus from both Skorge and Zant making the two of them nearly fall before they caught themselves. Quinn was looking around again at a newly destroyed area that was very much different from before, he turned his head around to find Lauren holding a badly hurt Roy while a broken Kayos looked on in utter shock. Not much further did he see Typhon on his knees looking like he'd just seen a ghost while Carny was holding his knees to his face and rocking back and forth.

Quinn entered everyone's minds all at once and it was then that he saw that they'd all been battling with the presence he'd felt before. He'd thought it was a horde of animals running for their lives, and in fact maybe it was but that's not what had been here. The others were fighting with the one they called Legion. He watched in all unfold from everyone's perspective, from seeing Roy bravely try to fight the monster only to have his wings ripped out, to Kayos trying to save his son and had his back snapped. Leon had disappeared with the monster and-