Chapter 40 - Challenging the New God

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~

There it was, another cracking sound louder than a gun shot as those two collided again. Lauren and Blake had grabbed Roy who was completely unconscious at this point with and was still in his demon form. Blake had asked why they were bringing him and not the others and Lauren had to think of a very fast lie to tell him, remembering that Roy didn't want Blake to know about his parentage. The story she told him wasn't actually a lie, just not the whole truth, she just told him that he'd saved her life and that she wanted to repay him. Blake believed it, or at least he said he did and helped her get Roy away from where the worst of the fighting was taking place.

Roy was heavy she realized, maybe it was because his wings were out now but he was definitely a lot heavier than she remembered him being. But she also knew that he was a lot stronger than he was back when they'd all gone up against Vega, just from watching what little the new helicopters could actually catch she knew that. Carny had gotten stronger too if what Nick had told her was true before he left to get on that armor of his which he'd now abandoned and was standing beside her, Blake and Natalia who'd shown up with Nick. The four of them stood right where the field of Party Town met with the city, along with quite literally half of the city who'd gathered to watch the fight. It made Lauren feel better knowing that there were other's besides just them and the demons from the Chain who were rooting for Leon--at least she hoped that's who these people were wanting to win. But as to where they actually were Lauren didn't have a clue, she thought about going back for Kayos and Carny but the fight had already started and it was too dangerous to even make an attempt.

As she watched though as a ball of lightning and a brilliantly bright red light clashed all around the massive field, she couldn't help but wonder just how much of a chance Leon actually had. He was strong no one could deny that, but Leon lost almost effortlessly to Typhon and Skorge beat Typhon! She balled up her fists and watched as the ball of lightning shot up into the sky while the red flare darted across the field in pursuit and brought them to her chest. She was scared. Leon always managed to walk away from all of the fights he'd gotten into so far, but now he was fighting someone that was apparently stronger than Typhon. But unlike when Typhon almost killed Leon, she knew Skorge wasn't going to be holding anything back during this fight.

~*~*~*~Leon~*~*~*~

"Just stop!" Skorge screamed as Leon was battling his way through the constant stream of electricity that Skorge was sending through his arms. "You're ripping your body apart! Why won't you just stop?!"

Leon let out a cry before he launched himself at Skorge with all of his might bulldozing right through the lightning until he was a mere arms length away. Leon threw a hard punch at Skorge but before he could, the other demon was completely enveloped in a ball electricity forming a shield of sorts around him. Leon though punched it anyway sending waves of electricity through his arm and several bolts scattering in the air. The impact itself sounded more like someone taking a sledgehammer to a giant church bell. Leon shook his arm to get the feeling back in it before lunging at it again after it'd practically bounced a good ten yards away from him after the first hit.

When he got within striking distance of it he saw that the electricity shivered before suddenly it vanished from sight leaving only Skorge floating in the air with his hands up with his palms facing out. Leon let out another cry before he threw another punch with the same hand only to have his fist get stopped by something solid. The impact of his fist connecting with whatever this was sent a ripple through the air around Skorge until it showed that he was actually floating inside of an orb. How he was doing that Leon didn't know but it was solid, his knuckles were bleeding after that last hit and the rest of his body was still trembling after all those shocks.