Chapter 20 - Vega's Fall

Leon was fighting his was back up to his knees but as finding that he had to put a tremendous amount of effort just to make his body lift itself up off the ground. Meanwhile Vega's left arm had almost entirely reformed itself, and the man himself was back on his feet and had a large piece of rubble in his hand. Leon lifted his head up just as Vega raised the chunk of rubble up obviously intending to bash his head in with it, but just before he brought the chunk of rubble down he was taken off of his feet by a figure that'd come seemingly out of nowhere. Once Vega was down Roy appeared in front of Leon and was trying to get him to his feet only to be shoved away.

"What the hell are you doing?" Roy demanded trying again to pick Leon up off the ground only to meet the same result in being shoved off. "Leon get up!"

"Don't touch me!" Leon snapped before falling on his side again grasping at his heart before speaking again in a very strained and raspy voice. "It's my heart. I can't be moved..."

"Oh you gotta be kidding me-" Roy said just before Carny was flung backwards from where he was apparently fighting with Vega. The orange-eyed demon caught sight of Leon and moved to his defense making a wall with his own body between him and Vega. Roy meanwhile abandoned Leon before vanishing and reappearing again not a moment later with that grossly large sword that he'd been trying to fight Vega with. "Carny we can't move him, he's having a heart issue that he'll just have to wait for it to pass.

Raising the sword up with both hands and nearly falling over in the process and just barely managed to keep his balance. "We'll have to hold him off until Leon's able to pick himself up."

As if in response Carny let out a snarl and was about to throw himself at Vega who only pointed to his left bringing Leon's and Roy's attention to the direction he was pointing. What he saw made Leon's eyes grow wide and in front of him he heard Roy take in a sharp gasp as they both reached out to grab Carny before he charged Vega which only ended in Leon falling flat on his face. Thankfully Roy was able to stop him however the demon was in no mood to be told no as he kept on trying to slash at Vega until Leon finally screamed his name. The other demon slowly turned around to look at Leon who pointed in the same direction that Vega had,  revealing three smaller Adapt androids holding a bound Nick and Lauren as well as an unconscious Natalia and Kayos just over the edge the third tower. It'd been relatively untouched by the fighting and was easily the smallest of the three towers that made up Vega Industries, but even still a fall from the roof could kill a demon just as easily as it could a human.

"Don't go after him Carny." Leon said in a strained voice as he slowly got up on his hands and knees with even the slightest movement causing him unimaginable pain in his chest. "If you do, all the people important to me will die."

"So you do care for your father?" Vega said with a sadistic mockery of a smile splaying across his face which earned him glare from Leon. "I didn't think it'd matter all that much to you if I brought him as well but now that I heard that I'm glad I convinced myself otherwise."

"Get real you glorified tin can." Leon growled as he fought his way up to his feet just as he heard Lauren call out to them. He risked a glance in her direction and saw that it was only a single android that was holding both her and Nick by the backs of their shirts like scruffs. Even from here he could see the glimmer of tears formed on her cheeks as she actually clung to the android's hand to keep from falling. Turning back to Vega and feeling a deep rumble begin to build up in his throat Leon went on. "I couldn't care less about my father. Drop him if you want I couldn't be paid to care. But if you dare drop the others I will make you regret the day you swam up into your mother's womb."

"They're safe." Vega said his smile vanishing from his face before pointing at both Roy and Carny. "As long as they stay out of this."

"Not happening." Said Roy. "Never!" Snarled Carny at practically the same time.