Chapter 72 - Bang

~*~*~*~

Natalia had been glued to the same spot for what seemed like forever, her eyes fixed in the direction that Legion and Leon had been battling. She wasn't alone however, Carny as well as Royce and the human girl Lauren had joined her since Royce's return from trying to help his brother. After he'd told them all that Leon was still fighting with the monster those five had all planted themselves firmly in place while they stood, watching on.

Kayos though remained on the ground, still unable to move his legs after Legion had broken his back. He didn't know whether or not this was a permanent situation, but Kayos really and truly didn't care. All he cared about was whether or not his son would come back to him. Even though Leon had made it painfully clear that Kayos was nothing to him anymore, that didn't erase the love that he had for him. At the same time though, it didn't erase the guilt and regret that he felt for all the years he'd been a monster to his son.

"No-" Kayos said in a voice barely more than a whisper as he clamped his eyes shut and shook his head in an attempt to clear it of any thoughts.

Don't think like that he was telling himself. The more negative thoughts he had the more likely that things will go badly. Karma, he believed is what the humans called it. Either way he was praying with all of his being that Leon would make it out of this fight.

He turned his gaze to Zant who was struggling to make it back to his feet, ever since Roy came back and told them all that he hadn't seen any sign of Skorge, Typhon, or Omen, Zant had been determined to make it back to the battlefield to find his lover. As of yet though he hadn't even made it to his feet. On the outside they all looked okay, but Kayos could speak for it better than the rest of them that none of them were in any condition to get back out there after the beatings they'd all taken from Legion.

The exception though being that of Carny and possibly Arya, but even those battle crazed demons weren't willing to step back out there. Though it didn't seem to be because of fear that he was staying, but for some reason that no one here could hope to understand. Something in that broken mind of his was keeping him here. Kayos could only guess that maybe he was staying back to protect Natalia and the baby, but even that Kayos wasn't willing to place a wager on. Let's just be glad that he was here, because if anything came there way at least Carny would protect Natalia, of that Kayos was certain.

As Kayos lie there on the ground trying to think of a way to be useful, his heart jumped up into his throat when two metallic figures materialized right in front of him. The two human women that Kayos didn't know let out a scream getting everyone's attention. Carny whipped around and upon seeing the two figures his eyes widened before launching himself at them.

"Wait!" Called out one of the androids as it held up a hand but Carny was already on top of it.

He had it pinned down in a matter of seconds as he brought his arm up and was about to tear into the android when the second one latched onto his arms telling him to stop. Arya, who had a thing for Carny, warped her hands into two giant hammers and with a single swing tore the android from Carny's back. Now free the insane demon brought his arm down sinking his claws deep into the android's chest making it let out a loud metallic grinding sound.

"I'm here with a message from the one fighting that monster!" The android said in garbled speech which snapped Carny right out of his craze. Grabbing the android by the chest plate Carny lifted it right up off the ground as they all listened in to what the android was saying. "He sent the two of us here to get you all out of here. He said that it was imperative that we get his fiance and unborn child as far from here as we could."

"I'm not going anywhere!" Natalia said in voice so hoarse it was as if she hadn't used it in years, but her face conveyed the message well enough that she was serious. "I'm not leaving until Leon comes back."