Chapter 74 - Savages

~*~*~*~WARNING~*~*~*~

This chapter contains very violent descriptions that some viewers may find disturbing. Read at your own risk.

Carny flew forward like a bullet, his arms outstretched and his claws extended. Legion stopped midway before taking a wild swing which Carny avoided by latching onto the larger demons arm, swinging around it like he was a monkey. Legion let out a snarl just as Carny screeched and sank his serrated black claws into Legion's arm just above his elbow and ripping a large chunk out of it in the process. Legion let out a painfilled howl before falling on top of Carny, using his elbow to keep the smaller demon pinned down. 

Legion was bringing his good arm up ready to crush Carny's head with one blow but Carny had other plans. Launching an arm straight up, Carny's thumb found itself buried deep within Legion's right eye and splattering the screaming demon with drops of blood. Again Legion howled, throwing himself back  dragging Carny along with as the smaller demon clung to Legion's shoulders. Legion swung his hand wildly around trying to pry Carny off only to have the smaller demon open his jaws and clamp them down around Legion's muscular throat.

Blood exploded into Carny's mouth. Savage demon blood, it was a type of blood that was so hot that blisters instantly formed within Carny's mouth. Yet still Carny sank his jagged teeth in much to the pain of Legion who was now bashing the top of Carny's head with a large stone. The hide on top of Carny's head had long since torn covering his face in a crimson mask as the blood oozed down into his eyes painfully burning them but Carny held no care. Finally his teeth met each other again and Carny pulled back with all his might ripping a literal mouthful out of Legion's neck.

The large demon yowled as his hand went up to his neck, blood seeping through his fingers while Carny spat out the chunk of meat from his jaws. His tongue and lips were swollen with blisters from the heat of Legion's blood, and his vision covered in a red haze though whether it was because of the open wound or because Carny had finally snapped and become a full blown Savage demon wasn't an answer he knew. All he knew was that he needed to kill this monster before him. He didn't know why he had to kill it, was it because it'd done him wrong, or was it simply because it was there? He didn't know nor did Carny care, deep within him he could feel his own blood beginning to boil, a pain that he'd never once experienced nor could compare it to anything else. It made him angry... No this was something far, far beyond anger or hate...he didn't know what it was but it frightened him while fueling whatever feeling this was at the same time.

Carny's whole body began to tremble as a red glow began o resonate from him, though under the light of the red ball in the sky it must've only appeared as a slight aura. The blood that was pooling out from his skull was beginning to steam and Carny could feel himself beginning to crack even more. Somewhere deep down in the slimy rotting recesses of his mind, he could hear a scream. What the scream was he didn't know nor did he care, he just wanted it to stop! His eyes grew so wide now that they threatened to pop right out as the sound of broken glass sounded in his mind and suddenly the scream grew louder and clearer. It wasn't until he reared up on his legs to grab his head did he realize that it was his screaming, he had been the one screaming though why he didn't know.

This monster before him was clearly the cause of it, and for that Carny needed to kill it. And so with another loud bloodcurdling scream Carny dashed forward at the monster, faster than he'd ever moved in his life. The monster took a wild swing at Carny but he might as well had been moving in slow motion for all the good it did him because Carny avoided it easily. He skidded to a halt on the monsters right where it was wide open after taking such a huge swing. Carny's eyes bugged out as he screamed, lunging forward with his left arm sinking his serrated claws into the monsters side. He felt the grinding of his claws brushing bone and Carny closed his hand before ripping his arm as well as three ribs right from the monster's side.