Chapter 68 - Meeting of the Calamities

~*~*~*Skorge~*~*~*~

Skorge flew casually backwards as the beast that he'd heard so much about gave chase. The monster that was dubbed the slayer of gods, the one said to have been responsible for the deaths of two dozen S-class demons. The monster that was spoken of in the newest tale of the Noir, the Beast at the End of the World, which had frightened so many children himself included once upon a time. It stood here now looking him in the face, trying feebly to keep up with him. How disappointed Skorge was to see this great monster himself, he was expecting something more, a force of nature worthy of a god like him to battle.

Instead he was given this lumbering beast that couldn't even get close enough to hit him. It made him so angry to see this thing that had done away with Leon so easily. Leon the only demon that had defeated Skorge since acquiring his new powers, now reduced to this monster's whipping boy. That fact further cementing in Skorge's mind that Leon's victory over him was nothing more than a fluke, a freak of nature never to be repeated!

Skorge's arms unfolded themselves from across his chest as his lip began to curl up in a snarl, his anger of having lost to someone that'd been literally run over as easily as Leon had been was driving him insane. Legion made to jump at Skorge at him but as he flew through the air a surge of electricity exploded from Skorge's body covering the area in a spiderweb of lightning. The buildings of the area Skorge had flown to were crunching as the stone frames exploded after being hit by wave upon wave of electricity. As for Legion, the large beast was lost amidst the bolts of lightning that had erupted from Skorge's body leaving him totally blind to the outside his little sphere of electricity.

At least he was until he heard a deafening crash above him as his sphere was punctured by something slamming into it and sending him down to the ground. Skorge's lightning shield shattered like it was made of glass once it hit the ground below, but not before leaving a perfectly circular imprint in the ground. He looked around dazed by the sudden shift in his position while a shadow above him grew ever larger prompting him to look up. His heart jumped as he saw Legion falling down on top of him bringing both arms down like axes.

It was all Skorge could do to get his shield back up but the ferocity of the blow made Skorge's shield implode on itself with a loud thunder clap. The sound made Skorge's ears ring as Legion brought his arm back around aiming to catch Skorge with a finishing blow. He on the other hand flew straight up into the air holding his ears which he wouldn't be surprised if they were bleeding right now for how badly they were ringing. Skorge couldn't have been in the air for any longer than it took to take in a single breath before another shadow fell over him.

He opened his eyes to find Legion had jumped up and was bringing his right hand down, spiking him like a volleyball so hard that Skorge's arm had been popped out of its socket. He let out a cry when his brain was finally able to process what'd just happened and the pain began to set in. He groaned before picking himself up when he heard Legion let out a roar as he neared Skorge. Out of instinct Skorge threw up another shield only for Legion to shatter that one as well, deepening the circular impression even more and once again causing a harsh ringing to sound in Skorge's ears.

Skorge being too stunned to move after that last hit was left floating helplessly in midair before Legion took a huge back swing with his arm. Skorge let out a grunt as he flew backwards so fast it was as if he'd been fired out of a cannon, but strangely enough he didn't feel that hit nearly as much as he'd felt the others. It wasn't until Skorge began to bounce across the road further on when he realized why it was that he didn't fell the front of that hit as a second body bounced away from him. Groaning, Skorge picked himself up enough to find Zant slowly picking himself up.