Chapter 47 - Divided

~*~*~*~Kayos~*~*~*~

"Where's Typhon Loustar?" Kayos demanded of the guard that exited one of the jets that's escorted them to the Chain after nearly shooting them down. "It's important that I speak to him as soon as possible!"

"The Demon's Head is attending some- shall we say innovative business on Calamity." Kayos turned around after hearing that voice but saw no one standing in the direction he'd heard it from. "That's because I'm walking towards you at this very moment."

It was then that Kayos saw his council member Quinn the Demon's Will approaching him from the one of the back rooms. Quinn had been promoted to having his own spot on the Demon Council by majority votes after helping them defeat Skorge. Kayos didn't trust the demon one bit but he was out voted 4-to-1 to let him have a seat. Quinn was fighting against them just last month and very nearly succeeded in overthrowing the Chain along with Skorge and his followers. On top of that, there was no keeping secrets with this man around, his ability to as he wanted with another's mind made that impossible. His first day on the Council he pulled Kayos aside and asked if he could meet his 'half-breed' son soon and Kayos had nearly broken the other demon's neck right then and there. He would've if it weren't for Quinn paralyzing him the same way he'd done to Typhon.

Ever since Kayos has been on guard with this demon, knowing full well that he could spill his secret at any moment of having a half-demon son. Both of Kayos' sons had been through enough in their lives and he would do everything in his power to help them live a comfortable life, a thing that would be forfeit should Roy's half-human heritage be discovered. On top of that Quinn's ability allowed for him to speak to you within your own mind, and should he choose to he could even force you to do things that you wouldn't otherwise do. His was the worst kind of power, because there wasn't a thing you could do to stop it should he chose to use it on you. Unlike Bjorn's ability Quinn has told them there was no such thing as a limit on his ability, and that there was a moment when Skorge requested that he use his ability to convince Leon to join them at one point but he chose not to and told them an excuse as to why he couldn't. If Quinn were to be believed, the real reason he didn't do it was because after going through Leon's brain he saw that he had the potential to rival Skorge and that he wanted the next ruler of the world to 'earn his right to rule' by defeating all challengers.

Whether those were really his motivations for helping Kayos couldn't say, he just knew that Quinn's abilities were nothing to be taken lightly. "Why thank you for saying so Kayos, I very much enjoy you're Gift of Foresight as well." Quinn said with a polite smile on his face making Kayos let out a small growl. "Oh don't be like that, and don't worry I've already sent for a medical team to see to your son Leon. Shall I escort you to our lord?"

"Knock off the polite act Quinn." Snapped Kayos. "There's an urgent matter at hand that needs to be brought up to the entire council. Just do your thing and let them all know we have to meet."

"About the monster who emerged from the End of the World." Quinn said with a bow of his head as if he were delivering a line in some sort of dramatic play. When he raised his head his face was plain as if that news didn't take him by surprise. "As it stands the rest of the council already knows about this Legion, but that will have to wait my friend for you see President Faye Williams has somehow managed to convince the rest of the world leaders that the Chain is the enemy and declared war on the entire demon race."

"WHAT!?!" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Yes it took me by surprise too when I heard. There's already been a- I guess you could call it a worldwide bounty on all known demons for 'suspected acts of terrorism' I believe is the reason behind them. Your son has already been a target I'm afraid, as has the mother of your soon to be grandchild, along with your Captain." The nonchalant way in which Quinn told Kayos these things made him want to grab the little demon by his neck and snap it in half but he knew that having a hot head right now was not going to help the situation.