Chapter 13 - A Vision

~*~*~*~Some Days Later~*~*~*~

Lauren was stretched out on her bed enjoying the nice soft feel of it after being in that helicopter for four days and having only those booths to sleep in. She'd just gotten back from that trip and witnessed Leon as well as the others pull off several amazing feats, everything from fighting off the biggest colony of Lockjaws she'd ever seen, to going head to head with a demon ranking in the A-class, to saving a newly discovered L'ok of demons from a rampaging robot, just to name a few things that she'd seen while out in the field with Leon. She had some interesting things to right about now for her extra credit in Demonology now that she's chosen Leon for her subject. But there was time to think about all that later on she told herself as she turned over as she stretched out her limbs and let out a huge yawn than ended with some watery eyes.

Becca was gone when she'd gotten back and to be honest Lauren was kind of glad that she was because had she been here she'd be asking questions about everything and anything that happened on her trip. But even more than that she'd be hounding her about Roy being a demon and then she'd ask about the feather that was sitting on her desk. Speaking of, Lauren thought as she sat up feeling a little tightness in her side where a shard of glass had lodged itself when the Lockjaws attacked; Roy would be good subject too wouldn't he? If he really was a half demon she'd get a lot of recognition for being the one to bring that to light in a world where the population was either one or the other never both.

I'm trusting you to keep my secret Lauren. Roy's voice echoed in her head after he'd returned to his human form and put his shirt on. The look he had when he'd said that to her flashed in her mind and she let out a groan before throwing herself back on the bed. She couldn't do that to him, she thought staring up at the ceiling. Not to him. Not after he'd poured his heart out in telling her about his mother and the man he believed to be his father until he was 18. The man, she reminded herself who just happened to be the police commissioner of Washington and would probably make it his life's mission to lock her up if she so much as said such a thing to anyone about Roy. That being said, there was also the very real fact that she liked him, liked him enough to be willing to keep his secret along with everything else that she knew about the world and how it wasn't quite as peaceful as the world leaders would have them all believe.

She let out a huge sigh before she decided on taking a shower before she went to bed. She felt disgusting but what did she expect after spending almost six days on the road with the only thing she had that was even remotely close to a bath was some baby wipes. She got up holding her side that still wasn't entirely healed but it was good enough not to go to the hospital. She walked over to her closet and got out some loose grey sweat pants and a pink tank top and headed for the bathroom. She tossed her fresh clothes on the sink and pulled out the hair tie that was doing its best to hide just how awful her hair must look. She bent over to turn on the hot water when she noticed something that wasn't supposed to be in the tub. It was a pair of boxers, but more importantly they were her brother Ashton's!

"Ugh, that's so gross," She said picking them up by the waist band with her pointer finger and her thumb just as something else fell from them. It landed on her foot and she let out an all too girly squeal when she realized that it was a condom. "Ew! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!"

She threw her foot around until the condom fell off where it landed beside the toilet. She never wanted to kill those two before but that right there definitely made her start plotting their deaths. I'll figure that out when I'm done she said shaking her hands at the reflection before she stripped herself of all her clothes and hopped in the shower. As soon as the water hit her bare skin she felt a lot better, she was still going to kill her brother and Becca but the heat was defiantly a much needed feeling as she ran her hands through her hair getting as much grime and sweat out as she could before she reached for the shampoo.