Chapter 65 - End of an Era?

~*~*~*~Kane~*~*~*~

Kane rushed Legion in his full demon form, and all six of his arms out. The huge demon charged at him as well only before they got too close to each other Gall flew in from the right and did a sliding kick, knocking the big demon off balance instead of taking him down all together. That was fine, Kane thought as he brought three of his arms up, all of which were giving off and intense red glow and caught Legion right on the jaw. He knew how hard it was to knock this demon down so he didn't think it was any kind of failure on Gall's part that the big demon was still upright when he hit him. Kane's knuckles all popped upon the impact that sent Legion's head straight up but what happened next was something that Kane hadn't expected.

Legion powered his head back down, even with Kane using all of his might to try and keep him up. The two were face to face now and Kane would swear on all things he held sacred that the Savage demon's snarling face formed a twisted mockery of a smile when it saw that it was him. Legion definitely remembered him as Kane wound up his other arms and punched Legion three times in rapid succession in the stomach. But he might as well have been trying to wrestle the moon from the sky for all the good that did, in fact Kane was more hurt by it than Legion was and he was the one who threw the punches.

Legion snarled before his massive arm came forward missing wildly due to Kane ducking and striking Legion multiple times in the ribs. But it was just like punching a stone that didn't break, Kane's blows weren't having any effect, even with the power that his Dreg'end gave his blows. Legion tried catching Kane with an elbow which was also dodged relatively easily before he jumped up to catch Legion with a knee to the jaw. But for all the strength he'd just put into that knee Legion's head didn't budge even an inch! Instead he grabbed Kane by the leg and whipped him onto the ground like a doll before climbing on top of him burying his chest sized fist into the ground.

Kane had barely managed to avoid the punch by rolling slightly to the side. He took hold of Legion's arm with two of his left arms and hit him as hard as he absolutely could in the joint of his elbow. A wave of tingles went up his arm but he did manage to make Legion's arm bend, which was as much a reminder as any as to just how large the gap was between their strength if Kane was celebration bending a joint the way it was supposed to. However Legion's jaws opened up and his teeth sank deeply into Kane's shoulder with a popping and sloshing sound as his hide and blood oozed out from between his teeth.

Kane let out a scream, releasing Legion's arm and using all of his free arms to bring down a barrage of hammer-fists upon his head though Kane's fists would all be mush before Legion would let go. Like a dog he violently twisted his head around, tossing Kane threw the air like he was a rag doll. Finally his shoulder gave out and Kane screamed as he flew through the air now missing an entire arm. Kane hit the ground rolling and let out a cry as he grabbed where his arm used to be that sent an ungodly amount of pain through his body.

There was a whooshing sound as Gall appeared beside Kane, the look of horror as his student saw that an arm had been ripped off was a look that heart Kane almost as much as he arm did. That look vanished though, and was replaced with a harsh determination that Kane immediately understood. "No Gall don't!" He cried reaching for his student but he was already gone. Fighting up to a knee Kane watched Gall reappear in front of Legion who still had his arm locked between his jaws. Legion snarled and took a swing at Gall who avoided it with ease and raced in raining down what had to have been hundreds of blows on the big demon in an instant.

Gall wasn't even using the Dreg'end but that didn't seem to matter because it looked like Legion was actually feeling those hits. The big demon got back up on his feet and did a massive sweeping motion with both of his arms. Again though Gall avoided it with complete ease, reappearing on top of Legion's shoulders, grabbing onto a horn and suddenly Gall's right arm became invisible to Kane's eyes. What he was able to see however was Legion beginning to stumble at least a little bit telling Kane exactly what Gall was doing. He wasn't hitting Legion randomly like he'd thought he'd been doing. He'd been systematically taking him down by hitting him so many times in the same spots that there was no way Legion couldn't feel them. Gall found a way to hurt this monster! Kane only wished that he had the speed needed to help his student who was risking his life to try and buy him enough time for his arm to regenerate.