Chapter 3 - Leon

"Why isn't there any line?" Lauren asked the bouncer--a man in his late thirties to his early fourties--having to raise her voice when the people in front of her entered the night club. From her the place looked black inside but when she looked at the windows she could clearly see strobing lights which she just didn't understand how that worked. "I figured there'd be a lot more people since there's free drinks tonight."

As she said that a girl came out from the club with a blue drink and handed it to the bouncer while he looked over Lauren's ID. He handed it back to her before taking a drink and making that told her whatever he'd just sipped must've been strong. He set it down on the small table behind him before he turned back to her and answered. "Trust me, it's packed in there." He said looking over Roy's ID as he went on. "But the owner made some adjustments to the building. The club itself is about four floors lower than we are right now and the other side of building is basically one big slanting window with ten more entrances."

The bouncer handed Roy back his ID and waved them in. "You guys got lucky and chose the right side to come in on."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lauren asked feeling alittle nervous now.

"Because," The man took another drink of his blue drink again scrunching up his face at the taste of it. "You'll have to take the elevator down stairs which is actually quite the sight especially when they start shooting at you. But nevermind and go have fun, you'll see what I mean."

Roy and Lauren exchanged glances with the other before they entered the doors that opened automatically before they stepped in to find themselves looking at easily over a dozen elevators within the building. The place was dimly lit but even in the dim lighting Lauren could see that the carpeting outside of the elevators were a dark crimson giving the place a very eerie look. The walls were a mix of tan with black and green stars running along them making it look like a cheap hotel she'd stayed in once. But from the elevators she saw what looked like a multitude of colored lights streaming in through the cracks while the floor beneath her thumped in sync with the music she was hearing.

"Sounds like a hell of a party down there." Roy said having to raise his voice a bit as he headed toward the nearest elevator. "Might as well get on down there huh?"

Nodding Lauren followed him to the elevator which had reached them almost as soon as Roy had pressed the button. When the doors opened up Lauren was amazed to see that the floor and the walls of the elevator were made entirely of glass letting them see the inner workings of the machine. They stepped in and looked straight down when they saw no visible buttons to press and before they knew it the glass elevator was slowly beginning its decent. It got no more than five inches down when Lauren saw the party that was going on below as well as the countless lights that were strobing to the beat of the song.

"Damn!" Was all Lauren or Roy could say when the elevator was low enough for them to see everything that was going on. The bouncer had it right. This was quite a sight to see. From up here it didn't look like there was going to be any room for them, the place was quite literally packed to the rafters because from here she saw that there were multiple levels of dance floors each with their own bar. But they all shared the same DJ who was positioned to the far left of the building in a booth that was probably a good ten maybe fifteen feet off the ground. They were only about five feet past the floor that covered the elevator when the music was cut and the DJ spoke into the mic. "Looks like we have some more guests people! Give em a good welcome for your friends here at Leon Pride would you?"

No sooner did the DJ finish saying that did dozens of water cannons--or at least that's what they looked like--turned toward the elevator and shut an assortment of multi-colored drinks at them. Lauren flinched but Roy just laughed when the strangely colored liquid hit the glass elevator before the water cannons started spinning and spraying the crowd with their contents. The crowd loved it and started cheering the words Leon Pride while the music picked back up. Lauren was surprised that the crowd didn't care about getting drenched, though she did when the elevator opened up and she let a droplet of the liquid fall on her tongue. She felt the familiar burning of alcohol on her tongue and realised that they probably didn't care because they were all hammered already.