Chapter 45 - Brutal Encounter

~*~*~*~Leon~*~*~*~

"How far are we?" Leon asked the pilot of the small jet that President Faye Williams had loaned them. It was only large enough for a very small group of people, four at the maximum but it was fast Leon had to give it that. They'd covered the distance from DC to the southernmost tip of South America in a matter of two hours, less than a third of the time it'd take if they'd used a regular plane.

"The coast is in sight." Said Luke he pilot of the jet s well as the man that Faye Williams entrusted her security to. Leon wasn't sure if he was a human or a demon, the way he held himself was very demon-like but he didn't have any distinctive demon features. He reminded Leon a lot of Roy, all business and nothing else so he didn't say much at all other than answering whatever questions Leon had. "You'll be ready to make the jump in just a few minutes I suggest you prepare."

Leon nodded his head and made sure that his parachute was actually attached to his body before he was ejected. It's not that he wasn't confident that he could survive the fall, it was a question of whether or not he'd be able to fight after wards. Hitting the ground after moving this fast even for a demon would only end one way, with at LEAST both legs broken and possibly a destroyed back and arms. Hitting the ground this fast wasn't something Leon wanted to do ever, especially since he was going to be going after this creature that both Faye and Kayos referred to as Legion.

Kayos had come along with them though he admitted to both Leon and Faye that he wouldn't be going to fight only to get Leon out of there should things not go their way. Leon didn't know anything about this Legion, but Kayos seemed to be taking every single precaution in the book when it came to this thing. It couldn't be that bad could it, Leon wondered looking out the window at the water before them. He had to admit he was expecting Legion to already be here after hearing Faye talk about it but everything down there looked peaceful.

"This had better not be a trick you're all playing on me." Leon growled at the pilot.

"I assure you sir this is no joke. We wouldn't have gone to such lengths if we didn't think we needed your- Hold on." Luke said pausing for a moment before calling back to Kayos who sat in the seat behind them. "Kayos do you see what I'm seeing?"

"Yeah." Kayos called back. "There's a lot of movement down there."

"It's not Sao Paulo is abandoned." Leon said.

"That's not what I meant. These scanners here, they detect demon activity. Look at that." Leon leaned over to look at the screen Luke was pointing at and saw a terrain map with dozens upon dozens of blips approaching the coast. "Those are aquatic demons. Something's got them spooked, Legion can't be very far behind."

It was as if just then someone had poured a bucket of ice down the back of Leon's shirt. All the hair on his body suddenly stood on end and he felt very uneasy as if something were hunting him. He looked back at Kayos who looked equally on edge, his pupils were dilated as if his body were pumping adrenaline into his system and Leon had to admit he felt a bit of a jump in his heart rate. It was then that he saw something black on the shoreline of Sao Paulo which he pointed out.

"What's that down there?"

"Is- Is that a Leviathan?" Luke asked as all three of them leaned forward to look at it just as the jet flew over the city of Sao Paulo. Luke pulled back on a lever and suddenly they were circling around only they were going at a much slower rate. "I thought those stayed out in the deepest parts of the sea?"

"They do..." Kayos said as they neared the shore line and were greeted by the site of a gathering of people on the shore. It wasn't until they saw the great demon from this angle did they realize that the water was dyed red and that there was a large chunk of the demons hide missing. "It's dead. Luke get those people away from the shore!"