Chapter 42 - Seeds of Distrust

Well I'm sure you're all going to like this one. It's slow and tells you all everything that's happened since the battle with Skorge. And unfortunately it brings a close to the second arc of this story, but it gives us a very big peak into Arc 3!

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~

It's been nearly a month since it happened. The Failed Rebellion is what it's been labeled. A group of demons led by a powerful demon thought to never be seen again. Skorge the Calamity is the name he was given before, but his followers gave him a new one. The New God. Skorge led a revolt along with is cult like followers in an attempt to'cleanse' the world of the plague known as man and destroy those who had locked him away a mile below the Earth's surface. However as they always have, the demons of the Chain intervened on our behalf against Skorge.

Yet they too fell to Skorge's Wrath. The first of is challengers being the mighty Typhon Loustar, the Demon Head and strongest recorded demon. The two S-class demons clashed in a forest several miles from the boarders of Washington DC. No cameras were there to capture the battle, all that is known is that Typhon lost that fight and Skorge had cleared the path to the nations capital where several dozen world leaders had gathered. Our President, Faye Williams was the second to fall victim to Skorge and his followers. Spirited away from the stage while giving a speech to all those attending and watching at home. She was found unharmed but very shaken within the city the next day.

Skorge delivered televised declaration of war on all humans. But members of the Chain's Demon Council were in attendance. The Demon's Right Hand Remus Loring Jr., the Demon Heart Ariana-Gaia Wylde, and the Demon's Left Hand Kayos Sondair. They along with two unknown demons rose up to combat Skorge and his followers in a battle that spread across half of Washington. Causing millions of dollars in property damage and the loss of nearly 200 lives. One by one Skorge's followers fell to the demons of the Chain with the arrival of the Demon's Brain, Doctor Ramon and two other as yet unnamed demons.

Together these eight demons managed to overcome four of Skorge's officers leaving the man himself and three more officers. Having witnessed the fall of so many of his officers Skorge himself took to the battlefield, and that is where the battle again changed directions. The leader of the rebellion threw down Remus Loring Jr. first, before engaging two of the unknown demons in battle that seemed very well matched. A third demon arrived to aid against Skorge, but this is where the rebel leader once again turned the tide by transforming into his true self. He made quick work of the three challengers, as well the other two unknown demons. However just as he was about to deliver the final blow to the Chains forces...he showed up. The demon with the red glow whom we all have come to call the Light-

"I'm going to stop you RIGHT there!" Leon exclaimed from his seat in his rolling chair, cutting Lauren off from her paper that she'd written about Skorge's attack. She knew he was going to have a problem with the name that people had started calling him but that was the best sounding of the ones she's heard. "What the hell kind of name is that? The Light? I sound like some fruitcake superhero."

"Trust me that's the best one that I found."

"I'll be the judge of that." Leon said lifting his feet up on top of his desk. "Well I know you wrote them down so hit me."

Lauren let out a sigh before flipping through her PET until she found her notes about Skorge's Rebellion. "Red Flash, Red Savior, the Glow, Red Ball, Red Boom, Red Demon, Red Hide-"

"Oh my god stop, you're right those really suck!" Leon said putting his hands over his ears as if he were trying to shield them. "Fine you can stick with 'the Light.' But every time it comes up please replace it with my name. Sheesh save billions of lives and all I get are some lousy ass superhero names. I ain't even getting paid for taking out that pillow bitter!"