Chapter 61 - City of Demons

~*~*~*~Leon~*~*~*~ 

Leon stood straight up, shoving off the large chunk of the jet's hull that had landed on him before he helped Natalia stand up. Not that he had to try very hard though, the harsh wind that was roaring practically ripped the piece of debris from Leon's hands on its own. He let out a groan though and doubled back over at the pain in his side. Natalia moved his arm aside to reveal a jagged chunk of metal that was longer than his hand sticking out from between his ribs. Leon hissed and clenched his teeth as Natalia grabbed the bit of metal, pulling it out as quickly as she could. Leon let out a cry as his hand shot to where the metal had just been, though his cry could barely be heard thanks to the wind.

"Are you two okay?" He asked as loudly as he could but he wasn't entirely sure if Natalia heard him due to the wind.

"Yeah we're good!" She replied curling her arm around her stomach as her long hair was being whipped in her face. "Where's everyone else?"

Leon turned his head and had to squint against the wind, but not only that but the rain drops might as well have been bullets for how fast they were going. Leon brought his arm up to shield his eyes and scanned the area for other signs of life. He'd nearly turned completely around before he saw a blue flash several meters ahead. He raised his arm even more and began yelling for Roy but the wind ripped his voice right out of his mouth. But somehow Roy heard him and Leon saw another blue flash, only it didn't vanish like it usually did. Instead it was coming right at them and Leon couldn't risk getting out of the way or risk it hitting Natalia.

He brought his leg up and stomped down on a bit of loose rubble making an I-beam bend upwards and catch the plasma bolt. Though it ate through nearly two thirds of the steel beam before finally cooling down too much to go any further. Leon's eyes darted around him as he saw several other blue lights appear behind the first one, it was an entire squad of soldiers and each of them was sporting an anti-demon plasma rifle. He saw them begin to light up as they charged so Leon whipped around, grabbing Natalia and jumped as high as he could without any build up.

The two of them flew up several floors where Leon clung to the side of a building and looked back as the rubble where they had just been was riddled with plasma bolts. He let out a growl as Natalia wrapped her arms around his neck and he jumped again as the soldiers rounded the corner. This time though when Leon jumped he was going for distance, not height and the two of them traveled a good block and a half before Leon had to grab onto another building. As he did though Leon and Natalia both let out a startled cry as a plasma bolt flew after them and hit the area that Leon was using to keep them up. The cement of the building crumbled away and they fell but not before Leon kicked off of the building and sent them crashing into the window of the one on the opposite side of the street.

As they hit the floor Leon rolled away from Natalia and grabbed at his hand that'd been holding onto the side of the building and began to shake it. It wasn't a lot but a bit of the plasma bolt had managed to splash his fingers and was already rapidly eating through his flesh and into the bone. He let out a snarl and punched the floor of the room they were in and did his best to rub the plasma on the flooring. As he did the blue plasma began to rapidly cool and Leon hissed to himself as his body began to push the cooling material out of its wounds and onto the floor.

"Damn it, why the hell would they just shoot first like that?" Leon asked still holding his hand. "I mean what the hell happened while I was asleep? I thought we were coming here to help these little bastards?"

Rather than answer him Natalia scooted over and held onto Leon's hand turning over before she let go. "They shot first because they probably think we're with Skorge." Natalia said looking up into Leon's eyes. "Some pretty big things happened while you were asleep. I guess I was just so happy you were awake that I forgot all about it until now."