Chapter 44 - Crossing Lines

Like I said this arc of the story deals with some pretty heavy themes and this chapter will showcase some of it. Characters will be returning and be RADICALLY different than they were the last time we saw them but I'm writing them as I think people would really react. So keep in mind this is just to show how afraid people are of demons after what Skorge has done.

~*~*~*~Leon~*~*~*~

"Leon!?" A voice said as Leon was shaking the cobwebs from his head. He heard someone rushing over before they got on the ground right beside him. "What happened? Where's Nick?!?"

"Nick-" Leon said still feeling groggy. "He's- there was an android. It was Adapt!"

"Adapt?" Kayos' voice said as Leon looked up at him and got up to his feet. "I thought you destroyed all of them."

"These ones didn't look like they were finished." Leon said rubbing his eyes. Whatever kind of blast that thing had hit him with must have messed with his vision because no matter how much he shook his head everything looked blurry. "There's one on the floor over there. God I can't see!"

"Let me look-"

"Get away from me!" Leon yelled all but shoving Kayos off of him. "You've done far than enough to me in my life time."

"Leon no is not the time for you to be angry with me." Kayos said flatly as he tried again to get a look at Leon only to be shoved again, this time with even more force that sent him tumbling over the control panel that Nick had been using. "Damn it why won't you let me help you!?"

"Are you really asking me that?!?" Leon screamed at Kayos blurry image before he brought his hand beck up to rub them. They felt so dry that it was almost like he was touching sand paper instead of an eyeball. "If you want to help then look at that pile of scrap metal and see what the hell it hit me with. It was in it's right arm."

Kayos let out a scoff before he went over to where Leon had left the first android. He stumbled over to where Nick had his table of tools, feeling for the metal table and prayed that he'd find his little sink that he had in here to wash his hands. He felt so damned helpless feeling his way for a sink in his own damn place! And as if that weren't bad enough, the Gods saw fit to salt his wounds by having Kayos show up just when Leon couldn't do so much as walk by himself.

Kayos must've seen Leon trying to find the sink because he was suddenly beside Leon and although it was still blurry he could still make out a hand reaching for his arm. "Touch me and I swear to go I'm going to rip that arm off." Leon growled.

Again Kayo scoffed before he walked ahead of Leon and turned on the water before disappearing back toward the first android. Leon muttered to himself under his breath as he made his way toward the sound of running water his hands still out in front of him. When he finally did find the sink Leon leaned forward, cupping his hands underneath the running water he brought them up to his face. It was cold but it still felt amazing especially on his eyes and forehead area which as it turns out was probably burned because he felt loose bits of skin falling off.

He let out a groan as he continued to soak his face, and after the fourth handful Leon stood straight up to try looking around. It was still a bit blurry but after blinking a few more times everything began to come into focus. Leon turned off the water as he turned his head to find Kayos looking over the android's right arm for any traces of a weapon.

"It's on the inside." Leon said walking over and getting into a crouch on the opposite side of the metal arm. He took the arm from Kayos and tore off the metal plating revealing a hollowed out cylinder with all manners of tubes connected to it. "They used the same kind of beam as the first one. That Adapt copied that ability from Rite."