Chapter 50 - Lovers' Quarrel

!!!!Warning!!!! This chapter contains a very graphic event toward the end of the chapter that may be disturbing to some readers. (ESPECIALLY Women) I'm not sure how accurate said event is described, but I feel as though I need to warn you all.

!!!!!Read at your own risk, you've been warned!!!!!

~*~*~*~10 Minutes Earlier~*~*~*~

Faye was being hurried into her shelter, and army of guards surrounding her to protect her from further attempts.  A rock the size of a soccer ball had caught her square in the face and given her a good sized gash. That bastard Nik'Alahs however was being detained and was going to be charged with this attempt on her life. Whatever that explosion was it was just the thing she needed to discredit both him and the accusations he made on national television. All she'd have to do was make up a story about how he was part of Skorge's rebellion and was looking to finish the job his master started. He was there that day so it shouldn't be too hard for her to pull off.

In the mean time there was the fact that Faye had no idea what it was that actually caused that explosion. She'd sent some of her men downstairs to make sure that everything they had to make Project Fury a reality was still in tact. That was nearly 10 minutes ago and so far nothing, if that boy had destroyed what was left of Fury she'd make sure that he died alone in the darkest hole that she could find... Speaking of dark holes, she'd yet to hear any updates from Luke. 

He was supposed to report back to her as soon as he was able to, his last report was quite a while ago and it was from the Chain for that matter. He'd mentioned something about Kayos, though what it was Faye couldn't catch because the report was cut so short. Pulling her bandage away from her face Faye looked up at her elevator waiting for the light to turn on signaling the return of her men. She'd told her man outside to keep the press out of her hair until she had word on Fury but she was beginning to get impatient.

Finally she tapped her desk which also doubled as a PET making the entire surface transform into one giant screen. She swiped through the options and until she found her security systems and booted up the ones from downstairs. But of course all of the camera's down there were all off line leaving her completely in the dark up here. She let out a hiss before slamming her fist on the screen making it go dark before it reverted back to the plain looking desk. As she did however the elevator light went off and she was up on her feet the instant she saw it, hurrying over wanting to get the word as soon as possible.

The elevator let out a humming sound before the doors opened up and much to her surprise a metal form was standing before her. It looked like Adapt but she only had to look at it's golden eyes to see that this was Fury, he was just borrowing this body. Unless- "Is that your new body?" She asked looking him up and down and seeing all the subtle differences between this body and the one's he'd had before. "Did Nik'Alahs actually do what he was told?"

"Not without trying to destroy me." Fury said in an almost auto-tuned voice as he stepped forward. Faye moved aside and looked at him as he walked, all the armor plates were completely fine not even a scratch on them but one only had to look at the clunky way he was moving to see that he was damaged. She was going to ask what happened but Fury must've read her mind because he explained it all to her. "Nik'Alahs rigged a terra-magnet down there to explode. I measured it's force to equal exactly 100 pounds of C4. I suppose it's a credit to his work, the body isn't at all damaged but several of the circuits are a mess."

Fury moved over to Faye's desk and began tapping the top of it bringing up her PET, after several moments of searching for something he gave up and turned to her. "Where's the rest of my body?" He demanded.