Chapter 41 - Skorge The Calamity

Super short but I don't think that it really needed to be that long. You'll see what I mean. :)

~*~*~*~Kayos~*~*~*~

Kayos stood watching as Leon vanished behind that bolt of lightning that'd come down from the sky. Beyond that he could see nothing, and the horrible feeling that he was getting in the pit of his stomach only made it that much worse. Something was happening he thought, Leon can't win. As strong as his son had become without him knowing it, Kayos knew that it was wishful thinking to think that Leon had grown strong enough to rival an S-class demon. The poor fool hadn't even been able to transform yet, and unlike Skorge he had no ability to call his own.

"Damn it!" Kayos said through gritted teeth as he and Carny watched, the other demon still having to use Kayos' shoulder just to keep from falling to the ground. Carny for all his insanity turned his head to look at him as Kayos spoke. "He can't win. He's just not strong enough! Skorge can't be beaten..."

Carny looked at Kayos with his bright orange eyes, they'd lost that burning red color some time ago. Kayos had figured it had something to do with the demon's power or perhaps even his state of mind. He hadn't been present to see Carny's battle himself, but from what he'd gathered the other demon had shown such savagery that it wouldn't have been a stretch to say he lost the battle that all demons fight. The fight with their baser instincts to simply cut loose and fight and fight and fight until either they lose or they collapse from exhaustion.

"Fake, you're wrong." Carny said as he pulled himself from Kayos' shoulder and just as he figured he would, Carny fell to his knees. He tried to rise again but the only things that were trying to pick him up were his arms, it was as if he'd lost all use of his legs. "He can win, He will win. He can't lose, that fool fighting him has already lost- just doesn't know it yet. He is the real god, not that pretender."

"How can you say that?" Kayos all but yelled. "Skorge defeated all of us with one blow. A single blow to each of us and we were all down. If the three of us working together couldn't stop him how can Leon when he's by himself?!?"

"Because He's holding back." Carny said so quietly that it was like a whisper before one of his hands shot up to his head and grabbed a handful of hair. "Can't you feel it? It's like a weight on Carny's chest! Pressing and pushing and crushing him! The weight of the power He refuses to use, it hurts! It's like a massive thing being kept in a small room. The door- the door is barely holding it back! It needs to be let out-

"It want's to be let out." Carny's other hand came up to his head and it grabbed his hair as well before the demon suddenly began rocking. "Carny hears it. It's whispering, laughing, crying like a baby left alone! CAN'T YOU HEAR IT!?!"

Carny ripped several locks of his hair out as he twisted around to look at Kayos with a wild look in his eye. Kayos looked back at those insane eyes that were so full of fear and something else that Kayos was sure that Carny actually believed everything he was saying. "You're insane." Kayos said before walking toward the lightning bolt. "I'm going to help my son."

Just as Kayos was walking by Carny he felt a hand grab his wrist and when he looked back he saw that it was Carny who'd just stopped him. His hair was matted with blood and there were small spots that were oozing fresh blood after he'd ripped the hair out. But now his eyes were burning a bright red again and he was smiling! Not only smiling, but he was chuckling to himself and muttering something.

"No no no Fake. You don't get any closer, barely safe where we are. Oh-ho-ho it's coming!" That last part was a whisper and Kayos' eyes went wide as right before his eyes Carny's injuries began to heal as if he'd never been in a fight. And just then he felt it. A terrible pressure on his chest as if- as if someone were putting a weight on it and pressing down on it. "Thump-thump." Carny said with that sickening smile of his as he got up to his feet, his grip on Kayos' wrist growing tighter and tighter. "You feel it now down you Fake. The weight of His power. It's coming! The thump-thump. You hear those too yes?"