Chapter 18 - Vega's Weapon

~*~*~*~Ten Minutes Later~*~*~*~

Leon fell to his knees panting as heavily as a dog after a very long run, he coughed up several droplets of blood before looking up at Raven. Almost half of his arm had been destroyed during their fight which had spilled out onto all four towers of Vega Industries where they'd no doubt destroyed over half of the old man's laboratories. He could see blood leaking out from between the bits of armor where Leon had caused the most amount of damage. The head that resembled a dragon had been blown right off when Leon used his explosive touch but other than a busted lip Raven's face didn't look nearly as bad as Leon's probably did.

His hand went to his chest where Raven had impaled him and just narrowly missed his heart thanks to Leon twisting his body around that antenna the way he had. It hadn't healed yet however and Leon knew that he wouldn't last another round with Raven if the other demo decided to attack there wouldn't be a thing that Leon could do to stop him. He let out a groan as he straightened up and fought his way back to his feet, his heart could keep going but his body had taken too much damage to go on. He had enough energy for maybe one more explosion but that was being charitable he thought grabbing his left shoulder that still had probably half a foot of Raven's first sword stuck in it. Meanwhile he looks like he could go ten more rounds without breaking a sweat, Leon thought spitefully as he lowered his arm.

"Had enough yet?" Thomas Vega's voice called from his office window which had been utterly destroyed during their fight. Leon turned away from Raven and glared up at the old man standing a few floors above them. Even from down here Leon could tell that the old man had an ear to ear grin on his face, and how could he not, his 'nano-armor' had just given Leon the fight of his life after being attached to someone who was barely even a C-class. "I can make him stop you know, just say that you agree to be the next to be bonded with my nano-armor."

"Fat chance." Leon snapped back spitting out a wad of blood. "No self respecting demon would ever consent to putting on Cyberware, which explains Raven here."

"So you're choosing your pride as a demon over survival is it?" Vega asked as a small explosion went off in the floors below drawing both of their attentions. "Sounds like your friend has reached the tenth floor. I'll grant that he's strong but I don't think he'll be much of a match for the guard I have positioned down there. See that's where I developed the Cyclops serum and he's been given permission to use it should he deem it necessary."

Scoffing Leon replied. "Carny's more than capable of handling one of those brutes."

"We'll see." Vega said sounding so confident that he held all the cards in his hand before he voiced the next command. "Finish this Raven."

Raven made a humming sound before firing himself straight at Leon who managed to duck underneath another wild swing of his sword. Leon saw his opportunity and shot straight up reaching for Raven's face but the other demon vanished in a flash of light just before his hand reached him. After fighting him for nearly ten minutes now Lon had grown familiar with most of Raven's habits and spun around clapping his hands together right in front of his face. It shocked him more than it probably shocked Vega when Raven's sword was stopped right before it caught Leon in the shoulder. Casting the sword aside Leon thrust his arm forward at Raven's blank face and finally caught him before he forced the other demon do to the ground. Pressing his foot down over his free arm Leon sent the energy that he had left down his arm made visible by the red light that traveled down toward his hand. There was a loud whirring sound and suddenly the roof top that was holding them both up vanished as they fell down to the floor below.

Leon landed with his knee catching the very corner of a rock while Raven seemingly disappeared beneath the rubble. Slowly getting back to his feet and limping over to where Raven had vanished he got down on his good knee and moved aside some of the larger chunks of stone. After the fourth or fifth chunk he found Raven unconscious and startlingly all the Cyberware that had covered his body was completely gone. He looked up at the hole that his explosion had made when he heard Vega shout out in frustration and he climbed back out onto the roof. Pulling himself back up and making sure to be careful with his bad knee Leon looked back up at Vega who was holding a PET that was flashing some red letters.