Chapter 54 - A Losing Battle?

These next few chapters are going to be very short but will help drive the plot along I promise, I'm just going to be getting back to my old style of writing. Short but fairly frequent chapters just cause I know I've been making you all wait a long time in between chapters. But you guys will choose how these will come to you, short and semi-frequent, or long and spaced apart. So cast your vote in the comments.

~*~*~*~Kayos~*~*~*~

Kayos had been watching Quinn's every move like a hawk ever since Kane had told him that of the two students he had, the one to be feared was Quinn. Kayos didn't need to be told that in the first place because from the moment they first met he never trusted the smaller demon. There was just something off about him, as if there was another whole side to him that was hiding behind those friendly smiles and polite words. That was made clearer to Kayos though when Quinn had- well to be quite honest Kayos didn't know what it was that he'd done to those androids. All he knew was that one moment Quinn was walking out of the jet to 'handle' them, and within the very few seconds that it took for Kayos to get the others in the jet Quinn was already walking back in with the androids all lying on the ground. When questioned about it Quinn simply smiled and said he'd attacked the androids' minds, whatever that meant.

It didn't make much sense to Kayos how this little man managed to take down and android powerful enough to immobilize his son Royce who--despite having the disadvantage of being a half-demon--was no pushover by any means. Right now he was talking to the human girl Lauren, and the recovering Royce and Natalia, neither of whom had left Leon's side. He was still wearing that friendly smile of his as he spoke which only served to make Kayos that much more suspicious of him. He appeared to want to help, at least so far, but that didn't mean he was trustworthy especially after what he did to those androids.

He'd definitely need to be watched from now on-

Kayos took a sharp intake of breath before his entire body arched forward and his eyes gave off a red flash, everyone on the jet all jumped to their feet as Kayos fell from his seat. But the moment he hit the ground he was suddenly somewhere else. To him it looked like the ruins of a city though he couldn't say which just yet because his attention was brought to three figures standing before him. One was Quinn who was wearing a determined look on his face as he stood across from the pairing of Skorge and Typhon. None of them had transformed into their true forms, but even from where he stood Kayos could feel the power that was dripping off of these three.

He blinked and suddenly he was in the air watching a great battle taking place before him of the ruined city that he now recognized as Old Town or New York City. It was between the three he'd just seen a moment ago, only now they were in their full demon forms, and every single one of them was moving so fast that it was damn near impossible for Kayos' eyes to even keep up. There were flashes of lightning and explosions everywhere as a bloodied Quinn whizzed by Kayos, with the other two in hot pursuit. Quinn raced up to the clouds before he turned and spread his arms as a massive meteor suddenly appeared behind him, it was coated in orange flames as it fell toward the Earth but neither Skorge nor Typhon seemed intimidated.

Both of the S-class demons launched an attack not on Quinn but on the meteor. Skorge fired a ball of lightning that was bigger than he was at it, while Typhon responded by sending seven glowing swords at it. There was a moment where nothing happened, the attacks that the two demons had launched were completely enveloped by the meteor before the entire thing simple blew up. Quinn whipped around to see the remnants of his attack that Kayos himself couldn't quite believe, but both of their attentions was brought back to both Typhon and Skorge who were still charging at him. Kayos' eyes went wide at the side of both demons literally ripping right through the smaller demon, but before anything else happened he was suddenly brought to a new area.