Chapter 71 - The Light and The End

~*~*~*~

"He beat them..." Quinn's shaky voice said aloud making Roy quickly turn his head to look at the small demon. Quinn had fallen to his knees looking like he couldn't believe it and as he fell forward on his hands he went on. "Legion he- he beat them. He went through them all one by one. Leon, Typhon's younger brother, Typhon himself, and then finally Skorge..."

Beside him Roy heard both Natalia and Lauren let out a gasp when Quinn said Leon had fallen. He pulled away from Lauren and marched over to the small demon and lifted him up by the shoulders. Rite and Gall looked like they wanted to intervene but neither one of them was in any position to so anything. "Are they alive?" Roy demanded, shaking Quinn rather harshly when he didn't answer. "Is my brother alive!?!"

"I- I don't know." Quinn said and received a punch in the face for his trouble before Roy tossed him on the ground.

"Where are you going?" Kayos called out to Roy who was heading for the direction of the fight.

"I'm going to get my brother, and if any of you try to stop me Legion will be the least of your worries." Was the last thing Roy said before he began running toward the battle field. Before he could take more than a few steps though he ducked his head at the sound of several military vehicles flying over him. They were all heading right towards the battle and it was that sight that made Roy begin sprinting after them.

~*~*~*~Leon~*~*~*~

Leon was in a crouching position when he skidded to a halt after being punched in the stomach by Legion and had to dig his fingers into the ground to keep from being thrown off of his feet. He'd skidded a whole 15 meters before he managed to stop himself, and Legion was already in hot pursuit of him. Leon shot to his side making the bigger demon have to stop and turn in an awkward way to try and keep his eyes on him, but by the time Legion had gotten his large frame to turn Leon was already behind Legion's back. Jumping up Leon caught Legion with a vicious strike to the jaw that sent a rain of slobber to the ground as Legion himself was physically twisted by the blow.

Placing his open palm on the bigger demon's back Leon was beginning to pour his power into his arm when Legion used the force of that punch to keep himself going. It was all too late that Leon realized that and was caught with an equally vicious attack that sent him to the ground and ricocheting off the ground like he was a ball. Leon was still twisting uncontrollably through the air when Legion leapt after him, tearing into Leon's awkwardly positioned body shoulder first. The spikes that adorned Legion's heavily muscled body had ripped through Leon's hide like it was paper and for the first time Leon felt actual pain while he was in this form.

Blood and saliva had been ejected from his body upon impact, leaving it to trail after the two of them as they blew through a building. Broken glass and other shrapnel of varying materials dug into Leon's body as they exploded from the other side of the building, which judging from the tremendous roar he was hearing was beginning to collapse. Not that Leon was able to worry about the falling building though as he was driven hard into the wall of another, the jagged stone edges digging into his unprotected face as Legion began to preposition himself.

The instant the bigger demon removed the spikes though Leon kicked off of the building cracking its stone frame even more, and sending the two of them into the chaotic debris of the falling building. Legion was snarling as he tried getting a grip on the now determined Leon as he placed a hand on Legion's chest right where his heart should be. There was a whirring sound followed by a red shine, and then the next thing Leon knew the big Savage demon was just gone. The force of that blast had propelled him downward faster than even Leon's eyes could follow, as well as creating a space around him that was completely void of falling bits of stone or dust. That didn't last long though it came back into the previously empty space while Leon's body lit up with a brilliant red glow.