Chapter 35 - "We Are Too Strong"

~*~*~*~Leon~*~*~*~

"I tell you son I never thought I'd be so glad to not be at that Collaboration Festival." The old man said taking Leon's plate from him. "Just goes to show some demons will never get over what happened all those years ago huh?"

He'd been going on about everything that was happening in Washington as if Leon had no eyes or ears. He'd been watching the small television set with keen intent since he'd gotten here some four hours ago. It was a very small town with a population just over 300 according to the sign he'd seen outside. Ever since coming here Leon had been in the diner eating and watching the events on the TV. He'd nearly gotten up and raced for DC when he saw that one of Skorge's men had grabbed Lauren but after a few minutes she vanished from the stage.

He wished he could say that he was rooting for the Chain, but considering who was fighting for them he was having a hard time bringing himself to do so. Remus was being an arrogant little prick as usual going right for Skorge who'd proven to be able to take down Arianna who was the stronger of the two without much effort. Speaking of she was fighting with who Leon could only guess was Rite, and he was giving her a really hard time surprisingly enough making Leon wonder just how much fighting experience that Arianna actually had. So far it seemed like he was just getting by on the widely known knowledge that she was strong and never had to actually fight. That or Rite had somehow grown strong enough to rival an A-class.

Carny though was the only one of the fights that even interested him. Leon wouldn't go as far as to say that he and Carny were friends but he did have a soft spot for that little sadist. Other than the awkward reverence that Carny was constantly showing when it came to Leon he'd proven to be a loyal partner who was willing to take a beating. Leon wasn't so sure that Carny wouldn't set himself on fire if he told him to, if he were being quite honest. Whatever Leon said Carny always did it without much question.

He didn't know that much about the girl that Carny was fighting but just gong off what he as seeing so far it was fair to say that this wasn't some damsel-in-distress kind of girl. She was actually beating Carny at his own sadistic game from the looks of it. Carny might just have a fight on his hands, not that that would stop him. Carny went after Vega all by himself whom he was no match for at the time without so much as a second thought. And he'd been beaten to a pulp but still he kept on fighting, so if this girl thinks that a few hits from a mallet to the head is going to stop Carny she had another thing coming.

The other two battles- well let's just say that there wasn't enough money in the world to make Leon watch or even care about them. Maybe he was being unfair but as he's learned many times, life is every thing but fair. They could handle this without him. As far as Leon was concerned, what was happening in DC wasn't really happening at all. Regardless of who won here he just didn't care.

~*~*~*~Roy~*~*~*~

Roy was picking himself up after being driven through a brick wall, his arms were already shaking with effort but he wasn't going to let that slow him down. Gall put his foot up on the bottom edge of the hole that Roy had made and was leaning forward with his arm on his knee. The smug look that he was giving Roy told him everything that he had to know about this demon. He was someone who liked to win, he was confident in his ability to the point of being cocky and he had no problem letting the whole world know that either. In all honesty he reminded Roy quite a bit of Leon, but their personality was where the similarities ended. Leon wouldn't do something that'd endanger Lauren while this guy was supporting someone who believed that the best answer to fixing the world was killing all the humans.

And to be perfectly honest there wasn't too much that Roy was able to do about it. He knew that Gall was fast and Roy was counting on being able to match the demon's speed too much. Not that he couldn't, Roy could keep up with Gall for sure but only for short bursts something that Gall quickly figured out. He's no slouch when it comes to combat Roy thought looking up at Gall. He's had some serious training, that much was clear when Roy tried taking him out with a simple chokehold but Gall slithered out of that almost instantly and that's how they wound up here. Roy having been driven through a wall and Gall looking in at him, daring him to make a run for it.