Chapter 23 - Third Party

A/N: This Chapter was done on New Years but I couldn’t get somewhere with internet so I wasn’t able to upload it but OOOOOH are you in for a treat with the ending of this chapter!!!!

~*~*~*~On The Chain~*~*~*~

“I don’t know sirs,” Kayos said his gaze never leaving the restraints that had bound his wrists. He’d been bound when Ramon and several more of Calamity’s security guards arrived to find him standing over a brutally injured Arianna. Ramon having never liked Kayos ordered the guards to restrain him under suspicion of aiding the criminal Skorge in not only escaping, but also for fighting Arianna, which led them to now with Kayos under inspection and on trial before the rest of the Demon Council. “I arrived on the scene to find a bolt of lightning far too large to be natural, it was only after the lightning bolt vanished did I realize what was happening. Our ambassador Ms. Arianna-Gaia Wylde was locked in heated battle with the Calamity himself, Skorge. I arrived at the end of the battle however too late to prevent the injuries done to Ms. Wylde as I’ve told the good Doctor Ramon, who I assumed who have been helping to control the fire that’d broken out with his power-“

“This is your trial not mine.” Ramon pointed out as he turned his head up ever so slightly so as to look down on Kayos. He turned to Typhon and Remus before adding. “Fellow Demon members, the demon known as Skorge was known to have lower A-class power at best, hence why Kayos was able to defeat him 100 years ago. Arianna-Gaia Wylde was the second most powerful demon in the world, after lord Typhon of course. Yet the Demon’s Left Hand, whose job includes hiding much of his duties from the humans as well as other demons I might add; would have us believe that a weakling like Skorge was powerful enough to overcome Ms. Wylde.”

“If Skorge and Kayos are so weak, what does that make you?” Remus asked from his seat to Typhon’s right in that snide way of his. “Need we remind you that you have your position solely because of what technological advantage you might offer and nothing more? Why, I’d go as far as to say that you’re among the upper B-class of demons and that alone may be giving you too much credit.”

“Tall words coming from someone whose mommy and daddy bought him his spot on this council!” Ramon shot back which earned him an icy green glare from Remus who got to his feet as if to start a fight but they were both silence by Typhon.

“You’re both annoying me with your jabs at the other.” Typhon’s voice was calm and cool yet it didn’t take a genius to know that he was reaching his boiling point. If he wasn’t there already after what’d happened with his daughter. He sat in his chair a whole level above the others in a chair that for all intents and purposes resembled a throne more than anything. His arms were crossed and his right leg thrown over the other while he glowered down at Kayos. “Ramon, why is it that whenever you and Kayos are alone something happens that requires my wasting mine own valuable time? Do you like annoying me? Or do you truly think yourself so high that you cannot fall?”

“I- But sir he clearly-“ Ramon said falling over his words before falling silent again when Typhon’s long white hair flew straight up and began to waver like a white flame and his black eyes gave off a white glow.

“This will be the last time I will suffer another plot to rid Kayos of his position just so that you may claim it for yourself.” Typhon said getting to his feet, his hair still wavering like a flame. Kayos dropped to a knee and Remus turned his back while Ramon could only sink to the floor and hope that Typhon was only offering words instead of death. “You showed me your own reports suggesting that Skorge may have grown stronger during his time in his prison. The fact that he had defeated Arianna-Gaia so completely only proves this theory of yours.” Turning toward Kayos who had bowed his head as low as his neck would allow Typhon spoke again. “As for you, you are to be released and I hereby elevate your title to be second only to mine.”