Chapter 60 - Student of Kane

~*~*~*~Skorge~*~*~*~

Skorge was standing atop a tank in the middle of the street looking out at the rest of his people as they were pushing their way further inland. Once they got rid of this last band of resistance they will have officially taken the city. Then they could begin the process of sweeping the city for any human that was lucky enough to been overlooked, and then kill them. He heard an uproar of screams a little further on and when he looked forward he could see a who herd of humans running for their lives. He gave them a look of disgust before raising his arm up and sending a bolt of lightning from his hand that spread out like a net of electricity. The people all screamed again and began to wriggle in unnatural ways before they fell to the ground where Skorge kept the current going for a good 20 seconds just to make sure they were all dead.

"Skorge!" He heard Zant's voice call out, he turned his head and found his lover dragging a man towards him kicking and screaming before tossing him before the tank. "I found the commander of this army."

"Oh?" Skorge raised an eye brow before he slowly floated down until he was standing right in front of the man. He was older, probably in his late forties, he wore an officer's uniform and had lick silver hair that was swept back and a mustache to match. Skorge got down on his haunches so that he could look the officer in the eye. "And just what might this officer's name be?"

As if to answer the old man spat at Skorge, but his spit was all but vaporized before it could even reach him. When that happened Zant kicked the old man in the ribs sending him tumbling five times before he stopped and let out a pained groan as he grabbed his ribs. Skorge clicked his tongue and with his tail began to sweep the ground near the officer until the very tip just barely grazed his arm sending a shock through his body that made his entire body begin to violently shake.

"Now sir, I can kill you very slowly and painfully." Again Skorge brushed the tip of his tail against his arm making the old man scream again. "Or I can end you painlessly. You're choice, but make no mistake you are going to die. You just get to chose how it happens...sort of. So what's your name?"

"I'm Colonel James Harris, and if you think I'm going to give you any information you might as well kill me now." The old man said as he spat a bit of blood on the ground in front of Skorge telling him that this old man was dead already, just didn't know it yet. "And if you think that the United States military is going to just lay down while you run rampant over this city you're even dumber than you look. We'll stop you, of that I promise. I only wish I could be there when we put you fucking demons back on your leash where you belong."

"Aw now why'd you go and say something like that?" Skorge asked feigning hurt as he tilted his head to the side before standing up and whistling. There was a loud howling sound before Skorge turned his head around and saw three massive dog-like demons running toward them. One turned over a car in its rush to reach them, their handler racing after them as Skorge held up his hand and all of the hounds came to a skidding halt. He turned back to the Colonel and nodded at the hounds behind him. "I'm sure you're familiar with these hounds, I've come to understand you humans have employed several species of demons into your military." The look the old man had on his wrinkled face told Skorge all he had to know about his knowledge of these demons. "Good then you know what happens when I say 'hik'et!'"

The three dog demons all snarled before their chests split right down the middle revealing a gapping mouth that was absolutely riddled with sharp teeth. The old man threw himself backwards as the dogs jumped at him. He tried bringing his arm up to defend himself but it was already to late as the dog demon's closed their massive jaws around the old man's limbs and began to rip and tear at him while he screamed in agony as the dozens of fangs sunk in. Skorge watched it all with a stone like face before he innocently brought his hand up to his mouth and spoke. "Whoops, I'm sorry I swear it just slipped out. You understand don't you?" He asked leaning over the mushy pile that'd once been a person as the hounds began to back away from their quarry.