Chapter 33 - Family Ties

1 Day

~*~*~*~Back at Skorge's Camp~*~*~*~

Kane was reemerging from the trees after having been thrown by whoever thought it was a good idea to interfere. He looked to his right and saw Zant was dusting himself off after he'd been thrown by the same armor clad man. Rite was rushing over to him to see if he was alright after seeing that Kane was missing an arm but the big demon just waved him off. A new arm was already growing from his shoulder to be completely regrown with a matter of seconds. The big man flexed his newly grown fingers until he was satisfied with them. He turned to find Quinn helping Skorge's spy, the old man named Bjorn, from a stump that he'd made into a seat.

"Where's Gall?" Kane asked in his booming voice that made Quinn look about him as if he didn't even realize that his brother in arms wasn't there. Gall was by far his best student who'd learned almost everything that Kane had to teach him save for the Dreg'end rei Ha, he'd need another ten years of honing his Dreg'end before Kane would even consider teaching him the final technique. He was also the only one other than Skorge himself that Kane saw worthy of being protected because he'd poured so much of his time into training Gall that he didn't want it all to be for nothing. "Find him Quinn now."

"Oh don't twist your thong old man." Arya said as Rite ran off to check on the demons that'd survived the Chain's assault. "You're boy ran after what was left o'them Chain pricks. Said he'd be back once he knew where they were goin."

"They're going to Washington DC." Zant said looking in the direction that Skorge had been fighting with the leader of the Chain. Worried about his lover, not about our leader Kane thought looking in the same direction. "That's the fall back place from what Bjorn told us. Just in case they couldn't stop us their plan was to get to DC and evacuate as many as they could."

"Well we awready proved we could take'em." Arya said tugging on her leather jacket that only came down to her ribs and showing off her stomach. Why a woman would want to dress that way Kane didn't know nor did he care to. "I say we go and help Skorge finish that snowy haired prick."

"No that is Skorge's fight to finish." Bjorn said tapping his cane on the ground. "Our purpose was to handle the peons and we've done that. Now it's up to Skorge to prove to us whether or not he deserves our loyalty."

"He deserves more than that." Zant snapped. "He deserves the world for what those fools did to him."

"He deserves our unquestioned loyalty." Kane added with a nod to Zant who Kane knew was the only one among them that could truly challenge him. He has more strength that he's admitting. "He deserves to be seen as a god."

"What he really deserves is a good long session in the sack with pretty boy there if he comes back." Arya said looking directly at Zant whose face had gone a bright red. "What? Hey if you don't want'em I'll take'em. Show him a real good time I will. Might be I'll even turn him."

"Say something like that again and I'll rip your tongue out of your throat." Zant threatened.

"Long as you don't stick up your bunghole your welcome to me tongue." Arya said sticking her tongue out. "On second thought maybe you can have it there. I've a mind to convert you too."

"Shut your mouth you WHORE!" Zant screamed.

"Oh did I hurt your feelings?" Arya said mockingly. "You going to go tell your rich mummy and daddy?"

"Now now children." A deep voice said and all of them looked up to see a beaten and bruised Skorge slowly floating down to the ground with the Chain's leader hanging limply from beneath his arm. "I cant leave you alone for more than a minute before you're threatening to kill each other can I?"