Chapter 63 - The Vicious Cycle

~*~*~*~Carny~*~*~*~  

Carny awoke to what felt like needles hitting his face and what to him sounded like a massive creature letting out a never ending roar. He shot up to a sitting position hitting his head on a large chunk of rubble that if it weren't for the small braces that caught it would have crushed his skull. He let out an annoyed groan and pushed the massive chunk of rubble--which was about the size of a car--off of him before getting to his feet. He looked around the place for any signs of Him or Her, but all he saw was the wreckage of the jet. It'd crashed right into the support of a small bridge hence the huge chunk of rubble as well as all the overturned cars that were around.

He tried calling out to Him but the wind was so strong that it all but ripped his voice away from him the moment he tried. He tried again, and again with each attempt his voice being pulled from him making it nearly impossible for even him to hear his voice. His face twisted into a look of absolute fury as Carny threw his head back and screamed to the sky for it to stop. His eyes gave a faint orange flash as he screamed at the storm, and shockingly enough...it listened.

Carny even in his broken mind was taken off guard by that as he stared up at the sky. The dark clouds were still very much blocking the sun from shinning through, but the violent winds and rains had stopped completely. It was as if someone had flipped a switch and just like that the storm had ended. Carny didn't like it, something about it just didn't sit right with him. He was getting that terrible feeling of his again that something had happened, something unnatural even by a demon's standards.

It was during those thoughts of his that Carny saw and heard a massive explosion several blocks down the road toward the edge of the city. He narrowed his eyes at the explosion thinking that He or She might be there and began to walk toward the area when his attention was caught by some loose rocks crumbling behind him. Like an animal that was being hunted Carny whipped around to see what had just made the sound and he found himself looking and the funny talking girl, or at least her top half sticking out from a mass of rocks.

Carny stared at her for several moments, a number of thoughts going through his mind as he did. She'd tried killing him once, but unlike Him, she wasn't anywhere near strong enough to do it and Carny had nearly torn her heart from her chest. In fact he would have if his attention hadn't been stolen by the fighting that was going around him. And then the next time he saw her she was being nice, nice to Carny. It wasn't something he quite understood. No one was ever nice to Carny except for Him, Her, and Brain. Raven, and that damned girl of his tolerated him but ever since Carny could remember only He and his friends were nice to him. So why now was she?

He'd told her to go away because he didn't like her, when she persisted Carny told her that if she didn't he was tear off her face. She'd only laughed and kissed Carny on the cheek and told him that she didn't mind being roughed up a little. That was when Carny was reminded of that worm Cole and his desire for that bendy girl in the circus. They may have been different people but Carny was very much aware of Cole's liking for the bendy girl, and that he wasn't going to try to do anything so Carny did it for him. It was the one time Carny had ever tried being nice to Cole and it was the last because Cole was so ungrateful for what Carny had done. How he hated him then. If he could've clawed Cole out of his brain Carny most certainly would have.

But that 'liking' couldn't be what this funny talking girl was doing to Carny could it? Ever since he woke up she'd been staying close to him as if she were his woman and he her man... It confused him so much that Carny wanted to pull his hair out in frustration! But that's not what he did, instead Carny crouched down in front of the girl where she lie lifelessly before him. No doubt she was hurting, the weight of all those rocks falling on her had to hurt her more than she was letting on. By why wasn't she telling him to get them off of her? Was she sleeping? Carny let out an annoyed growl before he swiftly removed the pile of rocks and rubble that'd fallen on her revealing a mangled but still in once piece body.