Chapter 75 - Leon's Pride

~*~*~*~Three Months Later ~*~*~*~

Lauren awoke with a start to the sound of her PET going off on the nightstand beside her. Roy was stirring behind her in their bed while she blinked away the sleep from her eyes. It was still completely black in their room telling her that it wasn't even close to day time. Rubbing her eyes Lauren leaned over to grab her PET and tapped the screen which showed Nick's name bringing his face up and he looked more than a little anxious.

"Lauren!" He exclaimed, the sounds of his car's engine roaring in the background. The tone in his voice made both her and Roy straighten up as she got into a sitting position asking what was wrong. "You two need to hurry and get Ryna General hospital!"

"Why what's wrong?" Lauren said as she and Roy were already getting up, him pulling on his boots and her stepping into her slippers. "Something happen?"

"Natalia's going into labor!"

That was way more than enough to get Roy moving. His boots were on in an instant and he vanished from the room in a blue flash before returning with her hooded sweatshirt so that she wouldn't get cold. Lauren hastily pulled it over her head and told Nick that the two of them would be there as soon as they could. With that being said she turned off her PET and together she and Roy headed outside.

Once they were outside Roy picked her up with one arm under her legs and the other around her upper body. She made sure to brace herself by wrapping her arms tightly around his shoulders as well as closing her eyes and holding her breath. No more than a moment later did she feel herself being completely immobilized against Roy's chest for the briefest of moments, once it was done she felt her entire body lurch forward for again little more than an instant before she was pinned against him once again. Ten times this happened and right when Lauren began to feel herself beginning to get sick from the drastic changes in movement, did Roy begin to set her down. They covered the span of four miles in a matter of moments, and the speed of the movement definitely took its toll on her.

When Roy set Lauren down she had to keep her eyes closed and a hand placed firmly on his shoulder until her body registered that she was on solid ground again before she even dared open her eyes again. The last time she'd tried opening her eyes too early she lost her lunch as well as anything else that she'd had to snack on. The human body just wasn't meant to travel as fast as Roy was able to for long periods, she could barely take a few seconds of it without nearly getting sick so she didn't want to think about traveling that way for more than a few miles.

After what felt like a full minute Lauren finally stopped feeling like she was spinning out of control and she opened her eyes to find themselves in front of the Ryna General hospital. It was a small facility that was mainly for the humans of Ryna since demons very rarely needed medical attention due to their rapid healing. The hospital itself was only consisted of six floors which included the basement, but then again it didn't need to be very large since there was only a population of about 3,000 humans in country of Ryna.

Now that she had her balance again Lauren and Roy both quickly entered the emergency room and tool the nurse that they were there for Natalia. As the nurse was about to usher them towards the waiting area a familiar voice called out to them.

"Ay Featherhead over'ere." Lauren and Roy both turned to find Arya waving them over while Carny was pacing back and forth.

After everything that happened three months ago these two had formed something resembling a relationship. Lauren didn't quite understand what Arya saw in Carny nor he in her because neither one of them had winning personalities in her book. Granted Carny was much more tame nowadays thanks to him spending so much time with Natalia, at the same time however Lauren had to give some credit to Arya. Whatever they got from the other it did seem to help Carny focus on something other than his insane drives. He still had outbursts of course but nothing even close to how he was when Lauren had first met the demon.