Chapter 53 - Mind of a God

I think you'll all get a kick out of this one guys. ^-^ 

Also please hold out until the very end for an explanation!

~*~*~*~Nick~*~*~*~ 

Nick was wincing at the pain in his wrists as he continued to try and wriggle free of the restraints that'd been put on him. He'd made a lot of progress, all things considered, the cuffs were now just below his knuckles whereas five minutes ago they were locked tightly around his wrists. He let out a pained sigh as the cuffs continued to bite into his hands and in some parts were even scraping against the bone. But blood was a good thing, because as long as it was still wet it helped to lubricate his hands and made it slightly easier to slip out. Nick scrunched up his face for a moment as sweat dripped off of his brow, the cuffs now wrapped completely around his knuckles making this last bit extremely painful.

"Come on, just a one more pull!" He said giving his left wrist one last pull, and with one final scraping on his bone Nick's hand slipped out. 

He let out a relieved breath as he pulled his other around around to his front and with a single yank managed to slip free. He flexed his fingers then, looking at his bloodied hands and closed them to stop the shaking as he looked around for something he could use to escape. The cell he'd been thrown in wasn't very big and all that it consisted of was a single chair that was welded to the floor and was illuminated by one light that appeared ready to go out at any moment.

Rubbing his wrists Nick picked up the restraints he'd just escaped from before getting atop the chair and struck the light. The loud popping of the bulb breaking made Nick flinch even though he was the one who'd just done this. Still covering his eyes with his arm just in case a stray shard fell he cautiously took a look at the light. He was positive that he was being monitored and Nick had no doubt that him slipping the restraints warranted another visit from his guards. That was exactly what he was hoping for though, as he reached up taking the light by the cord it hung from and gave it a violent tug ripping even more cord from the ceiling.

Nick continued to do this until he had at least a good six feet of slack before he hopped down from his chair just as the door's lock sounded. Nick hurried to the corner beside the door and when his guard came in gun drawn, Nick took his light cord and jammed it in right under the guards arm. If their was still a current going through the cord then it'd have the same effect as a taser, just with a lot more kick. If not than at least hitting him under the arm would give Nick an opening to grab the gun.

Fortunately the former was true and the guard all but dropped the moment contact was made and lay on the ground still twitching when Nick grabbed his gun and badge. "Sorry about that." Nick said setting the cord on the far end of the room so that the guard wouldn't accidentally zap himself again. "Good news is you aren't dead. Take your wins where you can."

Where Nick's last words to the guard before he slipped out his door and into the hallway.

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~ 

Lauren was standing over Natalia trying to get some kind of response from her after she had gone completely catatonic ever since her fight had ended with that android. Lauren and Crystal had run out into the road to fetch her and that was when they made the awful discovery of blood on the demon's upper thighs. Her heart sank for both Natalia and Leon who she knew were both excited about being parents, but she had to pull through the shock and get her out of the road or else they risked another mob coming by. Once they got her in the alleyway Lauren had fully examined Natalia's body for any signs that she'd lost the baby.

Knowing how pointless it was she couldn't help but put her ear to Natalia's stomach to try and hear a beat, but even if the baby was far enough along that it would've been possible to hear it, there was too much noise around them for Lauren to make a guess. But on further examination she'd found that Natalia was also bleeding from a wound on her upper midsection, and quite a bit too, it was giving off more than enough blood to make it down to her legs and it was that small glimmer of hope that made Lauren not give up on her or her baby.