Chapter 31 - Trechery of Demons

1 Day

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~

"What do you mean she won't see me?" Lauren all but screamed at the Dome's entrance, people walking by were stopping to stare at her and Roy who was as reluctant in being here as Lauren was. She didn't want to talk to President Williams, but she felt as though she had to, these secrets about the Chain that she'd learned could help especially if that so-called herd was really Skorge. "Did you tell her why I'm here?"

"Lauren maybe we should just leave." Roy said but Lauren wasn't having any of it.

"This is about the herd of Savage demons marching on the city!" Lauren yelled slamming her fist down on the desk. "Those demons are stronger than you think! The Chain won't be able to handle them all you have to let me in."

"I'm sorry ma'am but the President has more important thing to do than listen to the prattling of some hysterical girl." Said guard at the entrance to the Dome. Before the whole incident with Vega's android attacking, the Dome used to be open to anyone who wanted to come in. But now there were guards positioned at the entranceway and on the slowly being repaired wall that Kayos had destroyed. She should've expected this but she'd hoped that the President would've let her in once she heard what Lauren had to say. That hope had been shot down before it even got off the ground.

"Please, I need to talk to her-" The guard moved to actually strike Lauren with the butt of his gun but Roy grabbed him by the wrist and twisted it in such a way that brought the guard to his knees.

"This is your only warning, don't touch her." Roy said before giving the guard’s wrist a sharp twist followed quickly by a loud snap and a scream. The other guards moved on the two of them with their anti-demon weapons drawn but Roy vanished from sight in a blue flash and the next thing Lauren saw was a barrage of flashes that lasted less than two seconds and all the guards were on the ground. Roy reappeared in front of Lauren grabbing her by the wrist. "Come on we have roughly three minutes before the rest of them get here."

Not even able to form a word than Lauren let herself be pulled into Roy's arms and made sure to take a deep breath before Roy jumped. She'd done this before with Roy but this time Lauren felt like she was almost crushed against him when Roy used his ability which landed them in the middle of the President's quarters. Roy released her from his grasp and Lauren almost fell to the floor, her equilibrium was practically nonexistent after zipping through the air like that. The distance from the Dome's entrance and the President's living quarters was almost a whole mile and they'd traveled that far too fast for her body to process. Either Roy's gotten faster or Lauren's body just wasn't ready for that. 

By the time the world stopped spinning and she was able to get to her feet Roy was stepping over five more guards and grabbing her by the hand. She was still having a bit of trouble telling up from down so she just let Roy lead her on. Unlike her, he'd actually been through her on more than one occasion under his Raven persona and he knew the way this place worked since he'd helped with the security systems when they were first installed. Who knew that Vega would wind up helping them in the end after all he'd done, Lauren couldn't help but think.

They came by a flight of stairs and when Roy began his ascent Lauren had to pull back. "I can't." She said bending over and putting her hands on her knees. "I don't know what happened but when you jumped it felt like my brain was turned inside out and used like a doorknocker on my skull. I- I think I'm going to be-"

Lauren didn't get much a chance to finish before everything she'd eaten that day came rushing back up her throat and on the floor. She didn't have to look up to see that Roy was beside her and holding her hair up. He was rubbing her back with one hand and muttering sorry over and over again telling Lauren that he probably did get faster. After about two more rounds of puking Lauren finally felt well enough to move again though her legs felt like they were made out of rubber and she said as much. Roy said sorry again before picking her up like a princess in one of those really old movies. At first she thought he was going to jump again but instead he just ran up the stairs taking them four at a time reminding her just how strong Roy actually was. He looked so normal compared to Leon and all the other demons she'd met that sometimes--not all but sometimes--she forgot that he had demon blood in his veins.