Chapter 58 - The Calm...

Just a forewarning, this is going to be a VERY short chapter. I was going to attach it to the previous chapter but that kind of already had quite a few things happening in it. So with that being said...

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~Nick~*~*~*~

Nick and the former commissioner of the police department were riding towards the Dome in the Blake's personal car. After what that bastard Walter Gordon did, Nick had no doubt that it has officially hit the fan over on the Chain. And with all news outlets from the Chain being cut off Nick could only assume the worst right now, in that their cutting off all outside communication meant they were gearing up for something. He just hoped that he wasn't the only one who realized that. With Walter Gordon placed under protective custody there was no way Nick could get at him right away, so he had to go to the next person in line to take up the office of President. He just hoped that they would listen to him, he was kind of a wanted criminal right now.

Not that, he would let that stop him though. He brought his hand up to the center of his chest where there was a hard metal headband that he was wearing. He wasn't planning on using it but if he had to, then Nick wouldn't think twice about it. The United States already assumed that he was a terrorist anyways so why not go all the way with this? His gaze wandered over to where Blake sat in the drivers seat, his eyes looking straight ahead and another thought came to him. This could go very bad for Blake if things didn't go over quite as smoothly as he was hoping it would, and he didn't want to make him take more of a risk than he already was.

Unlike Leon, Nick didn't have a strong distaste for humans. Sure a lot of them pissed him off from time to time, but he didn't think they were necessarily as bad as Leon thought they were. And after all, Blake was a good guy. He just wanted what was best for his son and Nick couldn't find any fault with that. He thought it was stupid of him to tag along while Nick went to tell the new acting President to start preparing for a full scale attack from the chain, but that didn't make him a bag guy. Good guy, but stupid was Nick's overall assessment of Blake.

"So...what exactly is that thing you're wearing?" Blake asked before he nodded to the backseat. "And why do I have a back seat filled to the brim with some barrels of what looks like oil?"

"The headband will pick up on the neural transmissions within my cerebral cortex and translate them into my algorithm, which will then communicate said transmissions into the microscopic CPU's of the-" Nick paused when Blake gave him a look that he'd seen far too many times in his lifetime. Letting out a sigh he tried again. "The headband is a remote. The black fluid back there is the toy I'll be controlling."

"And what is it you're going to be telling this, toy of yours to do?"

"Whatever I need to in order to get me into the Dome's inner sanctum." Blake gave him another look and Nick let out a sigh. "I won't kill anyone if I don't have to. But I'm sure that you can understand that even the most level headed mind might be a little perturbed by what just happened and just might want to vent some aggression."

"That I understand perfectly Nick, I just don't wan't any more lives being put at risk than necessary." 

"Oh great you're one of those." Nick said rolling his eyes. "You and Lauren must get along huh? With that whole, the world is full of good people who will help if you just ask mindset you have. I hope you know that's all bullshit. People in this world look out for themselves, demons do it, humans do it, even animals and Savage demons do it. the world is full of messed up people Blake, sooner you accept that the less it'll hurt when it stabs you in the back and twists the knife."

At that Blake gave him a strange look before he spoke again. "You're too young to have that kind of opinion of the world. Shouldn't you be more occupied with hoping you get accepted into a college or something?"