Final Arc - Chapter 4

~*~*~*~Meanwhile~*~*~*~

Carny seated on the edge of an overarching cliff side with his knees brought up to his chest and his hands wrapped fully around his head. He was muttering to himself the entire time as he glared through the gaps between his fingers at the world before him. All the people down below, all those gross, and ugly people down that he hated so much walking around as if the world weren't about to end. He hated this, he hated that he hated it, and he hated them for not knowing how badly he hated this. If he had it his way he would go down there among the growing city and townspeople, to just- rip them all apart!

He wanted to expose their red to the world. The peel back that squishy and stretchy mask they use to hide it all from the rest of them, as if it was there's to hide! He blinked. Then he blinked again, this time pressing his eyelids so tightly together that it actually hurt his head to do so but all that did was annoy him even more. Carny let out a ragged breath before he removed his hands from the top of his head before wrapping his arms around his legs and began to rock. He didn't like it here. He didn't like how quiet it was here, but at the same time he didn't like how busy it was in the town.

Carny had asked Him why they were living here once, and He had told him that He was just tired of living in America. But that He also didn't want to live on the Chain either, so He thought they'd try living here where they wouldn't be as bothered by anyone else. Carny didn't understand it, and he wanted to ask Him if there was another thing they could do but He simply told Carny that he didn't have to be everywhere that He was. 

That made Carny laugh because He didn't seem to understand that Carny did have to be everywhere that He was, just as He had to be everywhere that Carny was.  How could they be separate when they were together? It made no sense to Carny and he told Him just as much which He merely shrugged at and told Carny to try and relax. He told Carny that he should try helping Arya get ready, something that made Carny all to nervous. No demon, no creature, no thing could make Carny nervous outside of Him, Her, and Baby... That is until six months ago when Arya told Carny something he didn't want to hear.

"Carny," she'd said to him as he was devouring the food that She had made for them while they were at Their house. "I'm pregnant."

Carny remembered dropping his food and breaking Her plate in the process as he looked across the table at Arya. He and She were happy, just as His brother and his woman had been to hear the news, but not Carny. Oh no, Carny was not happy at all to hear the news. He and Arya had been a couple for over seven months now, and she helped him feel more like Him. Though Carny was still prone to his violent fits, he was definitely better with her around him. But still, the fact that she was pregnant with Carny's baby it drove him mad!

He'd very nearly launched himself at her and tore her apart right than and there, but something about her face, that face that he found so oddly nice to look at wouldn't let him. Instead Carny flew from the table and scurried outside on all fours like an animal before he found his way up a tree. He knew he'd just hurt Arya's feelings, and Carny hated that he knew that and hated that he did that. But Carny couldn't stay in there, he was too afraid of what he'd do if he stayed in there so close to her...

After a few minutes He came out from the house and found Carny in the tree. He merely had to command it and Carny came down from the tree and walked towards him. The two sat on the picnic table with Him seated on the very top while Carny knelt on the bench of it. He was picking apart some of the grass that had grown a little too long around the table, pretending like that was all he was interested in while He watched him. He wanted to know why Carny reacted like that he told Him exactly why...

"Carny is afraid." He'd said aloud now back on the overlooking cliff as he continued to rock on his rear until finally he got up to his feet in one smooth motion. "Carny is afraid, that he will hurt baby. Carny is terrified that baby will be wrong just like-" Carny lowered his head and in a softer voice he finished the thought. "-like Carny..."