Epilogue

~*~*~*~Ryna Headquarters~*~*~*~

"Sir we lost track of the Lyone's Nix?" One of the higher ranking officers said as both Quinn and Gall entered the command center.

Gall was still asking Quinn why he needed him along but Quinn simply smiled and asked his officer were Lyone's Nix was last seen over. Though they all knew that he was only asking as a formality, Quinn had already scanned everyone's mind in the room the second he stepped foot within the command center. He knew exactly where Lyone's Nix had been last located. It was due to pass over Ryna in roughly six hours which meant that it was last seen over the southern tip of Brazil. Ryna being a country between Africa and South America made it necessary for world maps to be drawn up, but with it's somewhat central location it was ideal for demons to from all over the world.

Quinn thanked the officers for their work and asked them to inform him should they pick up any significant changes in Lyone's Nix's path. He quickly turned to Gall and after flashing his pale green eyes he shared the knowledge he had with his brother who quickly understood everything. Quinn hopped on Gall's back before he took in a deep breath and closed his eyes as the two of them vanished from sight leaving nothing but a trail of dust and strong wind in their wake.

~*~*~*~Two Days Later~*~*~*~

Natalia was in her kitchen doing the dishes alongside Lauren after they had thrown her a huge party to welcome both her and Nix home. Lauren had insisted that she let her do the dishes but Natalia needed to move her body a little bit. After carrying around a baby for nine months even demon bodies have a hard time with the process, and the doctor told her that getting back into habits would definitely help her out. While she did this Roy and Carny were busy doing last minute touch ups on Nix's room while, Nick was doing a final inspection on the baby's crib.

As for the man of the hour, he was babbling to himself in his baby carrier on the table while swatting at a few baby toys. Seeing her son filled Natalia with so much joy and warmth that she truly was at a loss for words when it came to describing it. But at the same time she saw so much of Nix's father in their baby that it was kind of a bittersweet feeling. Though it wasn't nearly to the extreme that he'd taken it, Natalia was beginning to see what Kayos meant when he said Leon was a reminder of the one he loved. Nix was a dead reminder of his father right down to the blood red eyes and the jet black hair. The only bit of Natalia he seemed to have was in the right corner of his face there sat one tiny patch of white hair, other than that Nix was definitely his father's son.

But that wasn't a bad thing whatsoever as far as Natalia was concerned as she smiled at her son who seemed to sense her doing so and let out a heart warming laugh. Lauren who was putting the last of the plates away slowly put her arm around Natalia's shoulders before she spoke. "He's such a happy baby already isn't he?" Natalia agreed with a smile on her face as Nick wheeled the crib to the back room where the others were as Lauren added. "I've never seen a newborn demon. They really do develop a lot faster than a human baby don't they?"

"Faster it happens they say the stronger they'll be." Natalia said gazing at her boy as he swatted his toy making cooing and babbling sounds. "But- I hope he doesn't inherit his father's strength." Before Lauren could ask why Natalia would wish such a thing she was already explaining herself. "Strong demons are expected to solve the world's problems. His father was the strongest of us and he had to bare the weight of so many problems. I don't want that kind of life for my Nix. I want him to be the way his father was when we first met. Happy and carefree... No one should live a life like his father had."

As Natalia said those things Lauren's arms found their way back around her drew Natalia into a hug. "But Leon made sure this world was safer for you both." Lauren said, Natalia could feel her smiling against her cheeks as she spoke. "And I'm sure he'd be more than happy with the life you want for Nix. I mean this is Leon we're talking about. Solving other's problems wasn't exactly his deal unless he got paid for it."

"I suppose that's true enough." Natalia said half laughing as she wiped off her hands and headed into the dinning room where she lifted her son from his carrier and rubbed noses with him. "How about we go see what your uncles did to your room huh?

Nix let out a playful sounding babble as if to respond before he reached for Natalia's hair and began to gently pull on it. She walked down the small hallway and took a right into Nix's room to find that Roy and Carny had painted the walls blue and on the wall closest to Nix's crib she could see that Carny finally convinced Roy to paint a circus tent on the wall. Nick was setting the crib in its place and Carny was hanging up the lullaby swing just about the crib while Roy was finishing up on the diaper station. It looked really good for a homemade nursery, Natalia thought to herself as Lauren followed in behind her and Nix. She let out a gasp and commented on what a good job they did while Nix seemed more than happy with the way his room looked.

Natalia moved over to the wall with the circus tent which had a very detailed picture of Carny on it and Nix immediately reached for his uncle Carny on the wall. Natalia smiled and laughed to her self as she leaned forward letting Nix touch the painted wall which had absolutely mystified him. Behind her Natalia turned to see all the others looking at her and Nix with smiles on their faces as she turned to look down at her son, again feeling her heart melt upon seeing those beautiful red eyes looking up at her.

Without thinking she leaned down and kissed her son on the head making him let out a loud childish laugh before Natalia heard the doorbell. Nix heard it too and began to make a fuss so Natalia moved to go answer it, telling the others that she was perfectly capable of answering a door with Nix in her arm when they all offered to get it. She walked down the hallway and took a left to the front door looking through her peephole since it was a bit late for them to be getting any more visitors. Nix was babbling far more now as Natalia looked through the peephole and found herself confused by the sight she saw.

It was a balloon reading happy birthday along with what looked like a bouquet of flowers. Natalia opened the door and had the balloon all but shoved in her face as the man stated that they come from someone very close. Natalia took the balloon figuring that they were probably from Kayos and set it down beside the door while Nix began to get very, very excited in her arms as the delivery man handed her the bouquet.

"And these are for you." The delivery man let out a smile and a laugh upon hearing Nix's babbled as he bent down picking up his PET and holding it out to her for her to open and sign his cap and the bouquet keeping her from seeing more than the fact that he was young and had fairly long dark hair.. "That's a beautiful baby there Mrs...?"

"Thank you and it's Miss." Natalia said a little more sharply than she meant to as she set down the flowers and moved to reach for the PET which the deliveryman was opening.

"Then don't you think it's time we fixed that?" The delivery man asked opening the PET revealing a ring with the diamonds in the shape of a heart, one half being bright red and the other a softer purple.

Natalia's heart skipped a beat at the sound of the delivery man's voice getting quite a bit lower than it was a moment ago. Nix let out a loud and very much excited laugh as his arms went out and Natalia slowly raised her gaze up from the ring to find a sharp angular face with near shoulder length black hair and a very light stubble forming on his jaw. The cap kept his hair back making him look a bit different but as Nix was still laughing and reaching for the delivery man Natalia's heart stopped, her throat closed, and her vision became instantly blurry at the sight of two red eyes looking back at her. She leapt forward throwing her arm around him as she felt two strong arms curl around her and Nix holding them both tightly before that beloved voice spoke again.

"I'm home"