Heartbeat

November 9 1989
Fall of the Berlin Wall

"Ve're ready to ztart. Everybody get somewhere zafe," shouted the chief, guiding the mortals to a safe shelter. "You sure zhat everybody vill be safe?" I asked, looking at the wall. "Ja, everything vill be fine," Chief responded, pulling me up to the platform. "Ve already zold East Berlin about it. Zhey are zafe and out of harm's vay." I nodded and let the chief do his job. 'The wall is coming down today. Families will be reunited and I will have Prussia back. Hopefully he's okay. I already mailed him a letter about it. Please Gott let him be alright' The chief and his crew got the machine on. "One." 'Prussia will come home and we will be a family again' "Two." 'We will be Germany together' "Three." 'Just you watch, he'll be on the other side, grinning' Suddenly, a wrecking ball slammed into the wall. In a heart- stopping moment, the wall tumbled down. Two other wrecking balls came and rammed into it. It was earsplitting and dust flew everywhere, blocking the view. When, the dust swirled away, my jaw dropped. The sturdy, tall wall was now destroyed, blown to smithereens. It was silent for a few moments. Then, suddenly it became chaotic. Mortals ran, West Germans going to east and vice versa. Friends greeted each other, lovers kissed, and families hugged. I let out a tiny, unnoticed smile. 'My people are together again. Speaking of together again, where is Prussia? He should be annoying me right now' I frowned and looked left and right, not finding him. 'I should get down and find him. After all how can I expect to locate him in this crowd' I started climbing down when a hand stopped me. I looked up to see chief. "General, vhere are you going?" "I-i'm going to find my brother. I'll be back," I answered, pushing his hand off of me. I continued to climb down and jumped when I was close enough to the ground. Once on my feet, I started to walk. I pushed people out of my way as I called for brother. "Prussia, bruder! Vhere are you?" I kept calling his name until I was out of the crowd. 'I've been walking that long? Where is he? I should have seen him by now' I started getting worried. 'Is he alright? Of course he is! Prussia is strong. He can take care of himself' I convinced myself. I continued walking until I got to the beginning of the woods. 'He's not here! Perhaps I should just go back to my house. He's probably there or headquarters. Plus, I have to get a nation together' I had a tiny debate with myself but made the desicion to go to my house. I turned around and started my trip back.
---------------------------------------
Flashback
---------------------------------------
"Big bruder! You're home!" I exclaimed, running towards the door. Prussia walked in, closed the door, and picked me up. "Of course, I'm home!" He said, spinning me around. I giggled and Prussia laughed happily before putting me down. "Zo, did you win?" Prussia nodded proudly. "Ja! I own Austria's vital regions now! Jou should of seen him und Hungary's face! It took a long time, but it vas vorth it." My smile turned upside down. "Ja, it did take a long time," I agreed sadly. "Sorry kiddo, but now I'm home," he apologized, making his way to the dining court. I followed him, frowning. "For now?" He turned around and winked. "For now." A smile graced my face. "Ha, ha, zhere's zhat smile," he whispered while childishly poking my nose. "Boop," he said seriously while poking my cheeks. I giggled. "Big bruder, ztop zhat, you're acting like a child, " I said, still laughing. "Good, zhat means jou'll zake care of me," he said, while sitting down in an old chair. My blue eyes widened and I pointed at myself. "I-I'll zake care of you? But you're stronger than me!" "Jou'll be surprised, little bruder. Jou vill grow up to be strong and smart." I smiled,"Really? You zhink?" He stared at me with his bright red eyes and smiled. "I know."
---------------------------------------
I was near the destroyed wall, when I heard groaning. "H-huh? Who's zhere?" I asked and walked catiuosly to the noises. As I walked, I noticed there was drag marks coming from there. 'Someone could be hurt. I have to help them' I jogged, thinking that it might just be a mortal. However, I was wrong. So very, very wrong. In front of me was my brother. He was still, too still. I gasped, horrified, and ran to him. I got down, on my knees, and laid him on my lap. 'He looks dead' I thought, touching his face. I cradled his head and put my forehand on his. I frowned, already fearing the worst. 'This is my fault. I was the one who pushed the wall down. And his country was already weak. Of course, he wouldn't be able to handle it...' I pulled away and stared at his face. 'He's so still and he's not breathing' Suddenly, I got a flash of determination. 'No! He can't be dead. He's too strong. He's Prussia, my big bruder!' However, my determination disappeared and I started apologizing to him in German. 'M-maybe his heart is beating' I thought, giving this one more chance. I leaned down and put my ear to his chest. For a couple of minutes, nothing happened. And just when I was about to give up and pull away. I heard it. It was short and faint, but I heard it.
'Badump'

Oh ja! I'm on a roll! Two stories in one day! Anyways, Hallo! Did you like it?
This is my first time doing a Germany One-shots, soooooo....
I did this when I realized that I've been making Germany the bad guy, lately. Y'know, in the Italy one and Prussia's too. So I decided to do a happy, somewhat sad one for him. At first, It was just gonna be plain sad and I was going to kill off Prussia, but I decided not to because i love him to much. This was inspired when I was watching Attack on Titans, don't ask how.:-S
Anyways hope you like it and Happy Readings!
P.S. You can send in request, comment. Blah, blah, blah.