Death Interrupted Us

"Can I come in?" I asked quietly to one of the nurses. The old lady gave me a sympathetic look and glanced at the rest of us. I looked back as well. Egypt was sitting on the chair, staring at the white walls. Cyprus was pacing anxiously, muttering under his breathe. I could see other nations, bring flowers and their best wishes. "Mr. Greece wants to speak to you alone, Mr. Turkey," said the nurse. I wasn't worried that she knew we where countries. This hospital was meant for nations. I looked at Cyprus and Egypt. They both frowned, but accepted that I would go alone. I looked back to the old nurse and nodded. She turned around and we began walking to Greece's hospital room. I tried to think of other things. Being in hospitals gave me the creeps. It was too clean and too white. A place where many people die shouldn't be extremely white. Or clean. We finally stopped at one of the doors. "Here he is. Be very careful. He's fragil," She warned me. I nodded again. She smiled and left. I turned, so that I was in front of the door. I took a deep breathe, trying to calm my nerves. Once I thought I was ready, I opened the door. First thing I saw was a lot of gifts on the table, chair, and some near Greece. Greece was the second thing I saw. He was laying on the hospital bed. At the moment, his eyes were closed and he was panting. I moved closer, to the point that I was next to him. He did seem weak. I felt that if I touched him, he would break. But I know that Greece was stronger than this. I gently grabbed Greece's right hand. Instantly, he took his hand out of mine. I felt disappointment. He opened his eyes and turned his head to me. I tried to give him a real smile, but it turned out more of a grimance. "Took you long enough, jackass," Greece first said. His voice was softer and a bit raspy. I let out a smirk and brought his hand to my mouth. I proceeded to brush my lips against his. Greece watched me, entranced. I could see goosebumps suddenly appear on his arms. Suddenly, he ripped his hand away from mine. "Stop that." I shrugged and fixed my white mask.  "So, what is it you wanted to see me for? Are we gonna talk about your plans?" I asked the Greek. "No....I already talked about my plans with Japan." I could feel anger and jealousy boiling up when I heard about Japan. "Do you even know if you're going to die?" I blurted out, still irritated. Greece chuckled," Yes. I know I'm going to die. I just wish it came sooner. I hate the pain. I am constantly feeling in pain. The sooner I die, the sooner that I feel at peace again," he said to me, keeping his eyes on me. "And you know the best part of me dying?" He asked me, smiling. I shook my head. "I get to see my mom, again," he said, some joyful tears falling down his deathly pale face. I didn't feel angry anymore, instead I felt happy sorrow. We looked at each other. I was making sure to remember him like this. "Turkey?" "Yes, boy?" "How come you wear your mask?" I blinked frantically. "What?" Greece coughed, but replied. "I've always wanted to know. Before I die, I would at least like to know why you wear that mask." I sighed and thought to myself, asking if I could do it. I've never told anybody the story about my mask. Nobody has ever asked. "My father wore this mask. It was back in the early B.C. that he existed, along with Ancient Greece and Ancient Egypt. Back then, if you had scars or freckles, you were deemed a child of Satan. My father had scars and freckles. So, he made a mask. It was black and made from a black horse's skin. He wore it and it covered most of his face, except his eyes. Fastfoward to around late B.C. Basically, my father got brutally murdered. I was there. I saw it. He was drenched in blood. The humans were taking him away. The only thing I managed to keep from him was his mask and his hat. I washed the blood off his mask and I tried to repair it, since it got broken. I wouldn't leave my house until I fixed the mask. Finally, I stitched it up. It wasn't that good-looking. So, I found some more skin and covered up the stitches and faded parts. For a while, I wore the black mask. Many empires mistook me for my father. After the murder of Ancient Rome, Europe was in chaos. The only nations to be a teenager were Austria, Hungary, Scotland, France, Portugal, and Denmark. The rest of the nations were newborns or just children since their ancestors were dead. The only other empire alive was Ancient Greece. I was the only adult in all of Europe. So, I thought it was my duty to kill her. So, that the new nations of Europe will be safe from an old empire. I went and I killed her. Right in front of you...She had on a white silk scarf on. I took the scarf and you as a prize. You became my pride and the scarf became the mask. I knew that horse skin wasn't working, so I sown in the white scarf as a covering. So, the black mask turned into a white mask. In a way, it was differentiating me from my father with the help of your mother." I finished my story. Greece looked at me and let out a small smile. "I'm still mad at you for killing my mother," He said, still smiling. "I know."  He looked away. "I'm going to die in a few seconds," he suddenly told me. My eyes widened and I went to go get the nurse when he grabbed my hand. "You told me something private, so I should tell you something as well." I looked at him, shocked and anxious. I sat back down, next to him. "Turkey, I know we had many fights, but I want you to know that I'm grateful that you raised me. You are probably the worst and best thing that has ever happened in my life. And I know that I seem that I hate you, but I don't. In truth, I....well I l-" I hear a loud beep. I stayed still, holding on Greece's hand. His hand relaxed and his eyes were closed. He died before he could tell me that he loved me. Something I've always wanted him to say. And just when he was about to say it, death interrupted him. I could feel nurses rush in. They pushed me aside. They were trying to revive him, but I know Greece. If he said that he was going to die, that was exactly what he would do. I backed out of the room and walked to the waiting room. Cyprus and Egypt looked at me as other nations gave us worried expressions. "Let's go home," I told Cyprus and Egypt.
____________________________________

Hallo!
Hope you like it.
I know, I know...it probably sucks.
This is dedicated to BakedBeanFart

Greasy Turkey!!!

Hope you like it and Happy Readings! Remember to vote, comment, read, and BE HAPPY!