Love

Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient
Love is kind
It does not envy
It does not boast
It is not proud
It is not rude
It is not self-seeking
It is not easily angered
It keeps no record of wrongs
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth
It always protects
Always trusts
Always hopes
Always perseveres
Love never fails
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My slender fingers softly touched the bible scripture. The page was thin and frail. However, it felt like the strongest thing i've touched. In my opinion, I have always thought that the 'Love is...' scripture was an important one. After all, I have always believed and fought for love. 'I am the Country of Love' I stared at the page. I had read it so many times that I remembered it by heart. Even before I read it with my own eyes, Ancient Roman Empire told me about love, every night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Franks, come here," ordered Rome kindly. "Yes, Sanctitatis Tutela," I said obediently while walking over to him. He picked up a chair and patted it. I got the hint and sat down, looking at him. "Franks, do you know what love is?" "It is an emotion Sanctitatis Tutela," I answered, a bit confused. He chuckled happily. "Franks, you are still a little boy." "Huh? I am not! I'm over a hundred years old! " I argued, offended. "Yes, but you are still in the body of a fourteen year old. Thus, you think and act like one," he teased. I crossed my arms and pouted. This must have been amusing to Roman because he laughed heartily. "Franks, love is more than an emotion." I tilted my head. "Then what is it?" He sighed and got up from the chair and walked out of the room. "Sequere mé," he ordered. "Yes, Sanctitatis Tutela." I got up and followed him. We kept walking, out of the building and into the woods. We stopped when we came to a hill with a tree with beautiful pink petals. He inhaled while looking at the view, his back to me. Not turning back towards me, he started talking. "Love is not an emotion. It is much, much more than that. Love is everything. It is kind and warm. It makes you feel wanted. It's something that everybody wants. Everybody wants to be loved and everybody wants to love someone. Even if that "someone" is yourself," he paused, thinking to himself. I was quiet, looking at him with admiration. "Y'know those columns, " he said pointing down at the mortals making buildings. I nodded my head. "Yes." "They are known to be very strong. Love is like that, but stronger. Probably the strongest emotion in the world. No matter what happens, you will always love that person. Even if the love fades, it won't be forgotten. Love always remembers," He stopped talking, as if something painful just came up. "Love is natural. You can't fight it. It just.....happens. However, love can also be tragic. Love can make you laugh but it can also make you cry. Love is a blessing and a curse. Because, someone loves you and you love that person. But it also makes you vulnerable and more likely to be broken. That is when you know you truly love someone. When you know you can might cry because of them but you love them to much, you're willing to suffer. You are willing to fight for them, willing to risk everything for them. Love is kind, humble, loyal, and true. That's what love is, my boy," he said, before turning around. I stared at him and he stared back. My awed eyes meeting his wise, kind ones. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Suddenly a mysterious wind came and blew some of the petals, making the wind look like it had colors. "Love is like the wind. You can't see it, but you know it's there," Roman said, gazing at the petals. The petals twirled around Roman, making him look wiser and majestic. The petals were so pink and pretty, they looked pure, innocent and peaceful. 'Is this what true love looks like? It leaves you breathless in awe and makes you feel like you can fly' I thought as I watched the pink petals gracefully flowing in the air. 'They look absolutely dazzling.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Monsieur, monsieur?" I heard as a hand softly shook my shoulder. "Hm? Wha...? What happened?" I asked to no one in particular. I got up. 'I must have fallen asleep somehow' I thought as I rubbed my eyes. "You have fallen azleep!" I looked up to see a young girl, probably seventeen or eighteen. "Joan...." I said, staring at the girl who had striking resemblance to my mortal love. "Huh? Non, my name iz Claire," she explained, clearly confused. I shook my head. "Right, zorry, you just reminded me of zomeone I uzed to know," I said the last part quietly. "Hahaha, ok," she said awkwardly. "Anywayz, I came to tell you, zhat the library iz clozing." I looked around, the library was vacant. It was only her, the librarian and me.'She must be the librarian's assistant' "Oh, um, okay, mercí," I said while getting my books together. She nodded her head and grinned. I walked to the door and went out but not before hearing a "Come again,".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walked around Paris, not really picking a destination. It was dark and the streets and buildings were covered in radiant lights. 'City of Lights, City of Love' I thought with tired pride. I kept walking until my legs were trembling. I turned around and walked to my French house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once I got home, I threw my shoes off and put my books,briefcase, and bible on the clean counter and trudged to the couch. I collasped on the brown couch, not caring that I haven't changed into pajamas. I shifted, getting into a comfortable position. I turned my head to the window. 'My city, my country, my people. No matter what, I will keep fighting... for them. Even if I hurt, even if I'm weak, I keep fighting. I love them to much not to' I looked back to the ceiling and closed my eyes. 'That is what love is about'

This is dedicated to France (and my followers/Readers) This was inspired by Episode 5 of Beautiful World. (Y'know the sad one, with the sadder song) if you haven't heard the song or seen the episode, I recommend it. I was in a French mood yesterday because I was listening to his character songs. And I decided that France needed more luvin, so here ya go France's Fangirls. Hope you like it and Happy Readings!
P.S. The sad song is called Tel un minuscule
BTW: Sanctitatis Tutela means Great
Guardian or Great Defender in Latin.