Birthday Present

It was America's birthday.
Everybody had been invited except for a certain Englishman.
When this said Englishman found out that he was the only nation to not be invited, he threw a fit. Yet, he kept cool afterwards. He is a gentleman after all.

It was at night, England was watching old horror movies. He tried to focus on the TV, but he kept thinking about how he wasn't invited to the party.

Not like he wanted to go.

It was just an arrogant party for an arrogant nation.
Yet, deep down, England was sad.

No...he wasn't sad.

Just lonely.

England adjusted himself in his chair and turned up the volume.

However, his eyes kept going to a certain present.

It was wrapped perfectly and the bow was tied neatly.

Inside, the pretty package, was a blanket that England had made all by himself.

He spent the entire summer making it for him.

It was red, white, and blue and in the middle were words that spelled out, Happy Birthday.

At first, it was originally made to spell out, I love you. But England chickened out and decided to play it safe.

He sighed and watched the movie.
It was very boring and predictable.
He hated horror movies.
However, he watched them with America, just so he could see his boyish face scrunch up.

He shook his head to steer clear of the American teenager.

After all, his feelings for him was wrong. He was his brother.

But they weren't related.

.....

Shut up.

The movie got so boring that it lured England to sleep.

He woke up to the sound of knocking on his door.

He made some groaning sounds and wiped the drool off his face.

He trudged to the door and opened it.

There, was a smiling American, holding out a plate with cake on it to the Brit.

"America...What are you doing here?" England said, confused and half-asleep.

"I had a birthday party and I wanted to spend it with the love of my life," America responded, blushing. His whole face was red and he couldn't even look at the sleepy Brit.

Due to being extremely tired, England didn't fully comprehend it.

He sleepily nodded his head and backed away, to let the red-faced teenager in.

America walked in and set the cake down on the table.

He noticed that there was a giant present. It was red and white. It had a blue bow on it.

England curled up in the chair, starting to doze off.

"Iggy, is this for me?" America asked.

"Of course it is for you, fool," England said sleepily.

Despite the insult, America felt very touched. England hasn't given him a gift in a long time.

America began to unwrap it and he soon saw a beautiful blanket.

It was red, white, and blue.

"Happy Birthday..." America muttered, reading the words.
He examined the blanket.

"It is handstitched. It was originally supposed to say I Love You," England yawned out. Too tired to control the word coming out of his mouth.

America snapped his head to look at his ex-brother/ ex-mentor. He blushed once more, making his already red face-redder.

He got up and walked to England.
He put the blanket over the drowsy Englishman.

Just as he was about to pull away to go home. England snatched onto his arm and brought him close.

Very close.

There noses were brushing against each other.

America's heart was pumping extremely fast. His whole body trembled with excitement.

For a moment, it was completely still.

England's eyes were closed and he looked like he was about to fall asleep.

However, he knew exactly what he was doing.
But he would never admit that.

America's eyes were wide open and he kept thinking that if England kissed him, it would be the best birthday present ever.

Suddenly, England pulled him in, pressing his mouth against the teenager's.

The said teenager squeaked with suprise, but eventually kissed back with much enthusiasm.

England soon pulled away and lied his head on the chair.

America looked at the sleeping Englishman with pleasant surprise.

His body was still feeling the warm, giddy rush from kissing England.

He soon smiled, grinning ear to ear.

He came close to England's ear and whispered three tiny words that,together, were very powerful.

I love you.

America pulled back, got up, and walked out of the door.

England smiled once the silly American was out of his house.

America got into his car and fist pumped the air, before calming down and driving off to a hotel.

England opened his eyes and gently touched his pale lips.

They sparked as England remembered the feeling of the younger's lips.

Best present ever.

Both of them thought.