For The First Time

March 17, 1861
Rome, Italy

"I now declare that the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies are now united under the name of King Victor Emmanuel II of the House of Savoy," Shouted the Italian prime minister. Cheering erupted and the mortals began to sing and dance. They were joyful, for Italy has become one united country. It is no longer the Kingdom of Sicily and the Kingdom of Naples. They were celebrating the Risorgimento. The rebirth of my country. I mean...Our country. My king has told me that I get to reunite with my older brother. He was the Kingdom of Naples or Southern Italy. I was nervous because...I haven't seen him since the death of Grandpa Rome. The happy screams shook me out of my deep thoughts. The two kings smiled and began to walk out of the court house. The humans followed them. It soon cleared out and I looked down at my fancy shoes. I heard a slight sneer, causing me to look up. There, I saw a young man who somewhat looked like me. He had dark, walnut hair with his bangs slightly covering his right eye. His eyes were green-brown with hints of gold. He had an olive tan. He was around 5'11 and looked to be 22. I soon realized two things. One, this serious, handsome, young man was my older brother. Second, he was practically the opposite of me. While I am pale, he was tanned. While I was scrawny and slender, he was muscular. My curl went to the left while his went to the right. He also-"What the Hell are you looking at, aye?" I heard him ask. He had a very deep voice. It was slightly rough, but at the same time it sounded smooth. "N-nothing," I stuttered. I clenched my eyes in embarrassment. My voice sounded like a child compared to his. He looked at me. His hazel eyes were filled with seriousness and slight anger. I sighed, feeling like a tiny bug. I couldn't help but feel very intimated. I could feel my hands so clammy and nervous. I was meeting my brother for the first time. I noticed that my hands were sweaty, so I wiped them off of my outfit. I soon walked swiftly towards the other Italian. I stopped one I was in front of him. His expression didn't change. I held out my hand and smiled. "Hello, I have heard much about you. We haven't met face to face till now, but I have always been ecstatic to meet you. I'm Italy and you must be-" "Italy," he said. I gave him a perplexed look. "P-pardon?" He sighed, aggravated, "We are both Italy. If anything, I am Italy, since I'm the firstborn." "W-what would you like me to call you? Italy?" I ask. "Uh, no. I don't want other people to confuse us. You and everyone else shall call me Romano," He said proudly. My eyes widened. "Ah. Spain isn't controlling the South anymore. You can change your name if you wa-" Roman stepped close to me and leaned in so that our noses were inches away. I could feel a scared whimper want to worm out of my throat. I tried to look down from his piercing hazel eyes, however he forced my head back up. This time, I did whimper. "Just because Spain isn't here, doesn't mean that I am not loyal to him. I am keeping my name. Spain gave me that name and now I am honoring my guardian by keeping my name," He said lowly and angrily. He let go after he stared down at me. He backed off and turned around, walking away. I put on a fake smile and waved at him. "Bye...Romano!" I shout with fake delight. In response, Romano kept walking, but flipped me off. He flipped me off.
For the first time.
____________________________________

"I told you," Romano said, not looking at me. He leaned against the English prison. I sighed and went away from the bars. I slid down the wall and sat near the usually angry Italian. "I know," I muttered sadly. My brown eyes were wide with shock and sorrow. It was silent. I kept beating myself down. I tried to make a plan to get to England, but it backfire. Now, Romano and I are stuck in a nasty, dirty prison. Before I knew it, I started to sob. I haven't cried since Holy Roman Empire was declared dead. My cries bounced off the walls, making it louder. Soon, I felt hands on my shoulder, shaking me. I soon stop, confused. I look up to see a concerned Italian. "Stop crying," he ordered me. "I'm sorry," I blurt out, tears leaking out again. He seemed surprised, making me surprised. Most of the time, Romano is serious. I usually don't see expressions coming from him, besides anger or arrogance. Yet, now he seemed concerned, stunned, tired, sad. There was no anger in his eyes for the first time. "W-what?" He asked, breaking the silence. "I'm sorry. For everything. I know that it was me that got us in here. It was me that Austria chose over you. It was me that stole Spain's attention. It was me that took you place as Italy. It was me that Grandpa Rome focused on. It was me that made you angry and damaged and-" "You're right," He said, looking at me. His hazel eyes staring at me. "Huh?" I say, shocked that my brother said that. "You're right. It was all your fault." I look at him. He was emotionless. I could tell that it was a truth that he has been wanting to tell me for a long time. I start crying again for a different reason. My brother didn't love me. He hated me. He blamed me. He- "I still love you though. Even though, you have caused me a lot of pain, I still care for you. Because, I know that you didn't mean to do that. Also, that it wasn't all your fault. It is also mine for not trying harder," He said, looking down. It was he who couldn't look in my eyes. We reversed roles. I felt a faint smile come up. Romano was being vulnerable and treating me like an actual brother. I gently force his head to look at me. Silent tears were falling down his face. I wiped them off and hugged him.
He hugged back.
For the first time.
____________________________________

Hallo!
That's it.
Hope you like it and HAPPY READINGS!
Remember to vote, read, comment, and BE HAPPY!
Bye!
Request if you want.
Bye.