First Night Out- Edward Nygma (Gotham) Pt. 2~ Penguin Problem

Y/N opened her eyes. She wasn't in her bed, she instantly knew it. She bolted upright, lightly landing on her feet. She furrowed her brows as the events of the previous night came back to her.

She had been with Edward, and gotten drunk, no doubt. The last thing she remembered was falling asleep in his car. She glanced around the room. This was definitely Edward's bedroom. Everything was organized perfectly and completely clean, not a speck of dust to be found.

She giggled at the sight, it was very cute. Y/N found she was still in her dress from the previous night, so she straightened it out before walking out to the living room of Edwards's apartment.

Ed was still asleep on the couch, his glasses askew on his face as he breathed softly, his chest rising and falling. Y/N smiled, he was adorable. She glanced at the clock.

5:30 am.

Of course, he wasn't awake yet, and he was probably a bit hungover as well. Y/N was used to drinking like that, so alcohol had little effect on her. She found some sticky notes on Edwad's fridge and a pen on his counter, so she scribbled a little note for him to find. She needed to get back to Oswald, and she couldn't wait for Edward to wake up to do so. Sighing, she left it on his coffee table.

Before she left, however, she leaned over and gave him a small kiss on his forehead. "I'll see you around," she whispered before leaving.

__

Edward awoke with a groan. He had a little headache, nothing some Aspirin couldn't handle. but he wasn't used to the feeling. he yawned and stretched, straightening his glasses.

In doing so, he saw a note on the table. It read:

𝑯𝒆𝒚 𝑬𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒆. 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒐. 𝑰 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒘, 𝒘𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒔. 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏, 𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓. 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝒀/𝑵.

Edward grinned at the note and hung it up on his fridge. "I would like to do it again as well," he said to no one in particular as he went to his room to get ready for work. After he made the bed since Y/N hadn't bothered to do it, he changed into a fresh shirt and trousers. But as he was tying his tie in the mirror, he noticed something. Any ordinary person might not have noticed, but tinting his pale complexion on his forehead, Edward noticed a faint lipstick stain. He ran his fingers over it, his heart fluttering. It was only a tiny kiss, but it was enough to know his feelings for her were mutual.

With a newfound spring in his step, Edward left his apartment to go to work, thinking about Y/N the whole way there.

__

Y/N crept into the lounge, glancing around. It was always so quiet in the morning. Victor Zsasz noticed her enter, leaning on a column. He silently gazed at her, narrowing his eyes.

"There you are," Butch said, entering the room. "Geez, you caused Victor and me a lot of trouble lookin' for you! Boss was worried sick!" The big man exclaimed with a huff.

Y/N rolled her eyes. "Please, he knew I was fine. What does it matter, anyway? He didn't need to send you guys out."

"Well, it matters to Oswald, apparently," Victor piped up, twirling one of his guns in his hand. "You should probably let him know that you're back."