Diamond in the Rough- Selina Kyle (DC Comics)

As requested by Dragonsw. Male Y/N.

𝕊𝕞𝕦𝕥 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

Y/N paced back and forth in front of the steel door of the vault he was currently being paid to keep watch over. Inside was a priceless diamond that was going to be donated and moved tomorrow to Gotham's Natural Museum to be put on display. But for now, the diamond was being stored, and the owner was away on a business trip, so he had hired Y/N to guard it.

Y/N was known all around Gotham for being exceptionally good at his job, managing to defeat and sometimes even kill the criminals who attempted to steal what he was guarding. The only downside was that Y/N hated working for rich snobs like the guy who had hired him this time, but it paid the bills, so why not put up with it?

Y/N sighed as he paced back and forth, back and forth. He didn't expect anyone to break into the mansion in the first place; it was protected by, him, attack dogs, and motion-detecting lasers that, when activated, triggered guns on the roof of the building.

After ensuring everything was quiet, Y/N took out his pistol and a cloth and began to wipe it down. He took out the magazine and counted his bullets. Fifteen rounds. He had used two of them already today on a previous job at Gotham First National Bank. He was just thinking about when he could go buy more rounds when...

𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌

He whirled around and in one swift movement, his gun was loaded and cocked, pointed at the head of the intruder.

"Oops. Didn't realize this model of safe made noise when you cracked it. I've never seen one like it before."

Y/N narrowed his eyes at the familiar woman who now stood at the open vault door. "Selina Kyle. Couldn't you be out bothering Batman tonight?"

The Catwoman purred and removed her mask. "Batman is boring. Besides, he has a date with Poison Ivy. So I figured I'd come here and swipe this jewel while he was distracted. They say it's priceless, but I say it'll fetch a pretty penny if I pawn it. Or... I could keep it. What do you say, Y/N? Do you think it'll go with my outfit?"

"If by outfit you mean an Arkham jumpsuit, I don't think so," Y/N snapped, drawing closer to her.

She pouted and grabbed her whip from her belt. "Fine, Y/N, if you want to fight, we'll fight, but no cheating." She lashed her whip and it curled around Y/N's gun so she could yank it out of his hand. It went flying out of the open window that she must've come in. Then she winked and darted into the vault.

Sneering, Y/N followed her. He was about to grab her when she turned and lashed her whip at his face this time, causing him to leap back. "Why do you get to keep your weapon?" he asked frustratedly as she approached the diamond.

She shrugged. "I don't know. I don't make the rules."

Y/N lunged at her, and this time successfully knocked into her, breaking the glass case holding the diamond in the process.

Selina kicked his chest and rolled backwards in order to right herself. Once she was up, however, Y/N wasn't far behind, and he put her in a headlock. But Selina contorted herself so she was on her feet and kicked Y/N's legs out from beneath him. He grunted as he hit the floor, but quickly recovered, grabbing Selina's leg as she tried to run, making her fall as well.

He tried to drag her closer to him but she whipped out her claws and slashed at his arms, ripping the fabric of his coat and surprising Y/N. "You didn't have those the last time I saw you."

"Batman isn't the only one who can upgrade his suit. I made these babies myself. Do you like them?" she asked as they both stood.

"No," he answered, but he honestly did think they were a little cool. However he shook those thoughts away quickly; Selina was the enemy, and she needed to be dealt with.