It's Just a Phase- Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter)

Y/N sat on a couch in the living room of Malfoy Manor, her arms crossed and her face in an angry frown. She was staring loathingly at her father, who was currently speaking to Lucius and Narcissa.

"I just don't understand. She's been acting like such a tosser recently," Y/N's father was saying, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I can't deal with her anymore. And the only one who she seems to respond well to is your son."

"I can't imagine why," Lucius remarked in a snide manner that earned him a stern glare from Narcissa.

"Look, I understand that, but what do you want us to do about it?" Narcissa asked. "We're not her parents."

"Well according to Y/N, I'm not her parent either." Y/N's father glanced over at her, frustration clear in his features.

Y/N rolled her eyes. "I literally NEVER said that Dad. I said you're not being a good parent. You're twisting my words." As she said this, Y/n thought back to all the mental abuse she had endured from her father and tears threatened to fall. But she knew better than to show weakness in front of him.

"SHUT UP," her father spat at her before turning back to the Malfoys. "All I'm asking is for her to spend the next three months with you-"

"THREE MONTHS!?" Y/N exclaimed. "That's the whole summer! What about all my stuff, what about my kneazel, my owl, my-"

"I said SHUT UP!" Y/N's father repeated. Y/N's mouth hung open, but no words came out.

Narcissa looked over at Y/N with pity. "Three months seems like a long time. Now, I understand that our families have been friends for years, but... this is a big ask."

"Now, now, darling, I don't see a problem with Y/N staying with us." He lowered his voice so Y/N wouldn't hear (but she was a good listener). "It will keep Draco busy, so we won't have to deal with him. They're both 15 anyway, soon to be 16, they can take care of themselves and each other."

After a moment's hesitation, Narcissa nodded. "I guess that's fine... if Y/N is okay with it."

Y/N was about to argue that she wasn't okay with it, but after receiving a fairly threatening look from her father, she simply nodded in agreement.

"Good, now I'm leaving," Y/N's father huffed, turning on his heel to go to the fireplace.

"But what about her stuff?" Narcissa asked.

"Just buy her things," Y/N's dad grumbled before flooing away.

Narcissa sighed. "Oh Merlin... Y/N I'm sorry..."

Y/N finally allowed a few tears to fall now that her father was gone. She stood. "No, I'm sorry that my father is such a douchebag."

Lucius shook his head. "Language, Y/N. Your father is a respectable man. Now, your room is the one next to Draco's. I believe you know where that is?"

Y/N wordlessly ran up the stairs and down the hall until she reached the third door on the right. She burst in and slammed the door, running to the bed where she collapsed and screamed into her pillow. She was so upset that she didn't hear the door open and Draco walk in.

He sat on the bed beside her and cleared his throat. "Y-Y/N?" he tapped her on the shoulder and she started, flipping around to face him.

"Bloody hell, Draco, you scared the piss out of me," Y/N breathed, although she was smiling slightly.

There was a moment of silence between the two before Draco spoke again. "So... I sort of heard everything between you, your dad, and my parents... you're staying with us?"

Y/N nodded, sitting up cross-legged on the bed.

"Why?" Draco asked. "I mean, I know your dad is always pissed with you, but never to this extent." When Y/N hesitated, Draco grabbed her hand. "You know you can tell me, Y/N. I've felt the same way before, you've seen it."

Y/N scooted closer to Draco and leaned her head on his shoulder. "It's my appearance he's mad about. I dyed my hair. I changed the way I dressed. The way I hold myself. My attitude. I'm becoming more confident in myself, and he hates that. My narcissistic father wants control over me at all times, he wants to mould me into his perfect little girl who complies with everything he does, he doesn't want me to have a mind of my own!" she cried.

Draco's breath caught in his throat at her rant. He had never related to anyone more in his life. And he had to admit, he liked Y/N's new style. She was gorgeous, and he wanted her to know that. "Y/N, look at me." He tilted her chin up so she was staring into his icy grey eyes.

Y/N sniffled and looked at Draco through half-lidded eyes. "He keeps telling me it's just a phase. That one day I'll find that his way is the only way. Merlin, I'm just so afraid that if he snaps, he'll... he'll hurt me." Y/N's voice was barely a whisper now, and the terror in her voice pulled extremely hard on Draco's heartstrings.

"Come here," he murmured, pulling Y/N into a strong and supportive embrace. "I will NEVER let that man hurt you. Even my father wouldn't dare to physically hurt me. Perhaps it is best that you are staying with us this summer."

"But what about my pets?" Y/N asked solemnly. "They won't be safe from my father's wrath."

"I'll have a house elf fetch them for you," Draco told her.

Y/N pulled away from Draco, grinning. "You will? Oh, thank you, thank you! Are you sure your father won't mind having them around?"

"He will, but my mother will keep him in check." Draco chuckled. He gazed at Y/N for a moment, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Just so you know, I love the new you. You're stunning on the outside and you still have the charming personality I know and love on the inside."

Y/N turned slightly red. "Draco, you're so sweet, do you really mean it?"

"Of course I do! I mean, have you seen yourself?" Draco gestured across the room to the vanity that was opposite the bed. In the mirror, Y/N saw her reflection and realized Draco was right. She was truly beautiful, but her father had tried to blind her from that fact. As if he was reading her thoughts, Draco spoke. "Darling, don't ever allow your father to make you feel inferior again, and if he does, then just remember this..."

"Remember what?" Y/N asked, turning back to Draco. When she did before she had a chance to react, his lips connected with hers and he wrapped his arms around her lower back to pull her close to him again.

Y/N felt her stomach burst from excitement and appreciation. He was so gentle, and yet he packed so many unspoken feelings into this one action that she began to feel lightheaded. This didn't stop her from kissing him back, however; burying her hands into his platinum blonde hair and shifting so that she was now on his lap.

After a few more moments, Draco slowly pulled away and gazed down at Y/N. "Now whenever your father tries to emotionally hurt you, will you remember that?"

Y/N snuggled into his chest. "It'll be hard not to." She laughed making Draco laugh as well.

"Do you need any help settling in?" he asked.

Y/N smirked. "I think I've already done that."

Draco sighed contentedly and lay back on the bed with Y/N. He stroked her hair as he told her, "This is going to be the best summer of your life."