Publicity Stunt- Joker (Joker) Pt.2~ Falling

Continuation requested by Avengerssoulmate!

Y/N waited patiently in her dressing room prison for Joker. She had been living there for a few weeks now, and Joker would visit her every day to talk about his troubles.

She was very much his therapist- although he'd never admit that. Joker allowed himself to open up to Y/N, telling her about his harsh beginnings as a comedian/clown and his unfortunate neurological disorder, the Pseudobulbar Affect, that forces him to laugh uncontrollably at inopportune times (and how he'd stopped taking his medication). He'd even gone as far as telling her his real name- Arthur Fleck.

But Y/N preferred Joker.

She pitied him... he could've been a great guy if it wasn't for the tragic events of his life. But beyond her pity lay something else. Was it perhaps, a fondness for Joker? Had she really taken this much of a liking for him? Call it Stockholm Syndrome, but Y/N found herself falling for Joker.

She enjoyed his nightly visits that continuously got longer and more intimate. She enjoyed hearing his obnoxious laughter and drinking champagne with him after he returned from a successful outing. It made being trapped worth it.

Sometimes, Y/n got to air her grievances to Joker. It took her a while to get used to his laughing at inappropriate moments, but once she did, Y/N was able to tell him about her aspiring business.

She wished to create a cheap and easy skincare formula to sell to the citizens of Gotham. It was soft on skin, smelled nice, and cared for all sorts of facial problems like acne and rosacea.

Unfortunately, she couldn't find a bank that would loan to her. They all said there were too many skin care companies and her small business would instantly drown, and she'd lose all their money. They told her she wasn't worth lending to.

Luckily, Joker had told her the previous night that she had a solution, and wanted to talk to her about it tonight.

That was why Y/N was so excited to see him.

She heard footsteps outside her door and grinned, hoping it was Joker. But instead of hearing the key turn to unlock her door, there came a banging noise as whoever was outside tried to kick it down.

"Oh shit!" Y/N exclaimed as the door burst open and she backed into the corner of her room. "What the hell! Joker!"

"Oh, sweetheart, I'm not Joker," said one of his henchmen as the dust settled.

"Curly? What are you doing here?" Y/N peeked around him. "And is that Giggles? What is this?"

Giggles giggled incessantly to himself as he watched Cury approach Y/N, who backed as far against the wall as she could.

"See, I need to let off some steam... it's been building up for a while now," Curly growled, placing his hands on either side of Y/N's head. "And the thing about steam is... well, it's something about pressure and bursting, I don't really know."

Y/N rolled her eyes. Curly reeked of alcohol. "When too much steam builds up in a containment unit, the pressure increases exponentially, causing the unit to burst," Y/N explained.

Suddenly, Curly delivered a harsh slap to Y/N's face, shocking her. "Don't you dare correct me!" Curly spat while Giggles continued giggling in the background.

"Curly!" Y/N exclaimed, rubbing her cheek where he had slapped her. It hurt. "Go away!"

But the large man didn't move. "You know what you look like to me, bitch? You look like a punching bag! I guarantee if I punch you hard enough, your internal organs will spill out of you like sand!"

Y/N's concern grew by the second as she saw the fire in Curly's eyes. "Curly, darling, you're drunk. Why don't you have Giggles take you home- oof!" She doubled over as Curly punched her in the gut.

He didn't give her much time to recover, instead grabbing her by the throat and bringing her face up so she was looking at him. "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" he shouted.

Y/N struggled as Curly's grip tightened around her neck. "C-Curly- ack! Y-You're cho- ack- choking m-me!"

Curly ignored her, however, delivering another punch to her gut before throwing her to the ground. Y/N curled up from the pain as tears pricked her eyes.

"Aw, are you going to cry?" Curly asked mockingly over Giggle's giggling. He kicked her back and she screamed.

"Stop it! STOP IT!"

He used his foot to flip her over and sat on her stomach. She gasped for breath as he watched him raise his fists...

Curly began whaling on poor Y/N, hitting her face over and over and over. Y/N tried to cry for help but all she could muster were strangled gasps as she choked on her own blood. She never thought the torture would end until all of a sudden, Curly got off of her.

"Eh, she's barely moving anymore, this is no fun," he said as he wiped his knuckles. "Come on Giggles, let's bounce."

The two left Y/N's dressing room, leaving her to lie there. She could feel the river of blood dripping down her face, dripping off her chin into a growing pool on the floor. Her face was swelling and tender to the touch...

__

Joker walked down the hall to Y/N's dressing room, a smile on his face- not just the one he had painted on. Opening up to Y/N had helped him see his goals much more clearly, and now he wanted to help Y/N reach her goal. Earlier that day he had... negotiated with Gotham Central Bank to get a one hundred thousand dollar loan for Y/N's business, free of interest. He wanted to surprise her with the money tonight, and perhaps even discuss her freedom.

But as he approached the door, he saw that it had been kicked open and the lock had been broken. But he could tell it hadn't been kicked out from the inside- it had been kicked in from the outside. He immediately dropped the bags of money he was carrying and rushed into her dressing room.

Joker's heart nearly stopped at the sight before him. Y/N was unconscious in a pool of her own blood on the ground, beaten badly. "No no no no no no no no no," he gasped, kneeling beside her and scooping her up into his arms. "Y/N..." He felt another wave of laughter upon him. "No-ahahahahahaaa!"

He felt tears come to his eyes as his laughter continued, him being unable to stop it. "Please, please, please," he whispered as he calmed himself down, gently rocking Y/N in his arms.

He suddenly heard her exhale and he could breathe a sigh of relief. "You're alive..." he murmured, leaning down and pressing his lips to her forehead.

Her eyes fluttered open as best they could, considering they were both badly swollen and bruised. "A-Arthur..." she breathed hoarsely.

She rarely called him by his real name.

Joker laughed once more, hating himself for doing so. "W-Who, who did this to you?" he asked quietly.

Y/N moaned from the pain, trying to find the energy to speak. "Curly... and Giggles."

His concern instantly turned to anger, a maniacal laugh blossoming in his throat. "I. Will. KILL THEM!" he laughed, moving to stand.

But Y/N flung her arms around his neck and buried her face in his chest even though it physically hurt to do so. "No! Please stay," she begged. "I don't want y-you to leave me."

It pained Joker to see Y/N this way, so he obliged. "Of course sugarplum." He carried her over to her bed and laid her down, cringing as he watched her wince and groan from the soreness of doing so. "I'll be right back, I promise."

Joker left the room even though Y/N pleaded for him not to, and came back with a first aid kit which he laid out on the vanity. He approached Y/N and gently brushed her hair out of her face before leaning down to kiss her swollen lips.

She shivered, not from the pain, but from the passion in his kiss.

"Now," he said, preparing some moist towelettes, "Let's get you cleaned up..."