Convince Me- Starfire (Titans Comics)

As requested by Dragonsw! Male Y/N.

𝔖𝔪𝔲𝔱 𝔚𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤

Y/N had been a member of the Teen Titans for a few months now. He was recruited because of his incredible intelligence and his problem-solving skills. Y/N wasn't the leader of the Titans, although he aspired to be. But Nightwing was in charge, and that was how it was going to stay.

Y/N could live with that, being a leader was a huge responsibility anyway. But there was one thing about Nightwing that Y/N couldn't stand.

He seemed to have stolen the heart of Starfire. Y/N had had a crush on Starfire since he joined the Titans, but she seemed to only have eyes for the first son of the Bat.

One sunny afternoon, Y/N was sitting out on the balcony of their headquarters, watching the rest of the Titans train. Beast Boy and Cyborg were fighting back and forth, although it quickly turned into a game of tag.

Nightwing and Starfire were parrying while Damien Wayne watched them and critiqued their technique. "Dick, you keep moving your feet too close to her. Kory, you use too much force, you need to be agile in your attacks. Of course, it would help if you both weren't practically eye-fucking each other."

Nightwing and Starfire laughed and ignored Damien to continue doing what they were doing.

Y/N sighed and rested his arm on the railing and his chin in his hand. His eyes were glued to Starfire as she danced with Nightwing.

"Staring at her won't make her like you."

Y/N jumped and turned around to face Raven, in all her dark and gloomy glory.

"Raven, geez, I'll never get used to that!" Y/N exclaimed.

"Most people don't," she said in her typical monotone voice.

"Well, anyway, I don't know what you're talking about. I don't want Kory to like me," Y/N told her. "Well, I mean, I want her to like me, but not-"

"Everyone knows about ... crush, isn't that the right word? At least, everyone except Nightwing and Star." Raven shot him a tiny smirk as she gestured down to the lawn. "Even Damien does, not that he wants to know about that stuff."

Y/N looked back down and saw Damien staring up at him, his eyes narrowed.

"God, all of you are so strange," Y/N muttered.

"They're unhappy, you know. Dick and Kory," Raven mentioned.

Y/N frowned. "What? They look pretty happy to me."

"Kory is faking it. I heard them arguing last night. So much for my supposed sound-proof walls." Raven rolled her eyes.

Y/N knew it was wrong, but he couldn't help but be curious. "Uhm, about what?"

Raven floated closer to the railing and looked down at the training couple. "From what I heard, Nightwing wants to leave the Titans to go back to Gotham and work with Batman some more. He wants Star to join him, but she doesn't want to leave us. Although Nightwing is sort of pressuring her, saying how she's too experienced to stay with the rest of us."

Y/N gasped. "No, Kory can't leave!"

"I don't want her to leave either. Nightwing can go, and it would be even better if he took that brat Damien with him." Raven scoffed. "Anyway, I came up here to see if you could convince Star not to go. But don't tell her I asked you to."

Y/N nodded. "Sure. But you know, showing a bit of emotion isn't a bad thing, I'm sure Kory would be touched to know you ca- Raven?" When Y/N turned back around, Raven was gone.