Dark Rivalry Part 9

Reader is Trent Alexander Arnold's twin sister. The two have been inseparable since childbirth, more so now when Reader is fresh out of university looking for a job, crashing at her brother's place whilst doing so. One day Reader gets a job offer that she cannot refuse, however it would mean working for her brother's biggest rival in football, Ruben Dias.

Enjoy!

Man City vs Liverpool. It was a disaster bound to happen. Perhaps the exact reason why Jennifer begged to tag along as you and your family gathered for a spectacular afternoon at the Etihad Stadium. The atmosphere was unmatched, the crowd giddy for what's to come. You however, couldn't stop biting your nails in agony.

"Doesn't Ruben want you sitting near his bench, why are you on Liverpool's side of the stands?"

"Because..." You said, gritting your teeth for Jenny to keep her voice down. "Only you and grandma know I'm dating Ruben."

"You seriously haven't told your parents yet? Trent I understand, but don't you think the rest of your family would be more accepting?"

"No." Was your answer. Your grandma seemed to have come to terms with the situation, but only because she had seen first hand how much you cared about Ruben and he you. He would usually drop you off at the apartment after work and was not afraid to greet grandma at the door. He would greet her with a smile on his face and fondly ask about how her day went and if business at the shop was going good. It was not an act to win her over, grandma would've seen right through that. Ruben was just genuinely a polite person who was raised right by his parents. However, you strongly believed that despite how well raised he was, it would be hard for your parents to look past the fact that Ruben played for Manchester City, the team that had robbed them of so much joy.

"I dunno?" Jenny said, after hearing you out. "That altercation between your brother and Ruben was a long time ago, don't you think they're over it by now? If I were Trent I would be, how else is he gonna be able to focus on today's game if he still got his head wrapped around what's happened in past games?"

"Trust me." You said. "If there is something my brother can do, it's to hold a grudge."

You sat back in your seats as the Liverpool crowd, including your parents, started singing. The game was about to begin.

Despite having the majority of the crowd on their side, Man City struggled to control the game. Liverpool was fighting back with their supporters chanting them on.

"We are the Scousers

The cocks of the north!"

"We hate Man United

And City of course!"

"We only drink whiskey

And bottles of brown

The Liverpool boys

Are in town!"

"Na na na na na na na na!"

"What's wrong sweetheart, why aren't you singing along?" Your mother nudged your shoulder, seeing as you were biting your nails rather than singing along with the crowd.

"Yeah, Y/N why aren't you singing along?" Jenny smiled.

You threw her an evil glance. The lump in your stomach grew heavy as you turned your attention back to the game. Ruben looked furious. It was a bad game for him. Liverpool had managed to get two goals past his defense. The worst part was that one of those goals had been done by Trent, who was now getting cocky with the support from the crowd.

"Here he goes, here he goes!" Your dad alerted.

It was another corner shot from Liverpool, taken by Mac Allister. The ball flew past all the city players' heads, landing right on top of Virgil van Dijk's, who butted the ball to the ground for Trent's foot to tap it into the goal.